Been gone for some time but now I'm back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
Life has been a struggle been dealing with my PTSD and depression. 20 years ago this month I returned home from Afghanistan and I haven't been the same since. But I always have my Cutlass to tinker on so I can hopefully keep my mind busy. I recently upgraded to Holley EFI and let me tell you about some learning curves. She now runs in the 7's in the 1/8th mile. Anyone else ditch the Carburetor?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220703-122307_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220703-122307_Gallery.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20220703-121610_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220703-121610_Gallery.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20220703-121726_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220703-121726_Gallery.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
Our love of cars and especially G-Bodies certainly will keep your mind busy and constructive! I've witnessed my share during my tour of services from 1990 to 2015 before retiring from the military (U.S.M.C and Airforce) but no two experiences are alike. Staying in touch with my buddies really helps. I thank you for your service and sacrifice!!!

I've not changed much stuff from our 84 Cutlass. Some stuff was out of necessity though. In-Line Tube for the stainless brake and fuel lines for one. Next is the air conditioning compressor. I have R-12 and the equipment to pull that down and service it. That will keep me occupied this week :LOL:

Did you get the car with the SBC or did you put it in? Nice ride!!

Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Thank you for your service brother. I was in too. Ever need to talk, hit me up. Oh and gorgeous Cutlass!

Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
These can be (at most times) good therapy for PTSD. Most creative, hands on things works for mine & keeps my mind off the triggers subjects. Remember there's enough of us vets, combat & peace time, here to talk to if needed.

• Winner

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Life has been a struggle been dealing with my PTSD and depression. 20 years ago this month I returned home from Afghanistan and I haven't been the same since. But I always have my Cutlass to tinker on so I can hopefully keep my mind busy. I recently upgraded to Holley EFI and let me tell you about some learning curves. She now runs in the 7's in the 1/8th mile. Anyone else ditch the Carburetor?
Regardless of what the current guy in charge has been up to, just know your service was NOT for nothing, and all you went through kept those back home SAFE. So thank you for your service, and your sacrifices.

There's lots of great guys still here, although, you will notice a couple of popular names have left us after disagreement with management. Welcome back to the fold nonetheless.

That's a nice lookin car too, something you can be proud of for sure. Bet she's a blast to drive

Reactions: 5 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
While I was never in the military, my dad was. We at our house support and appreciate our military and first responders. We have several friends in law enforcement, EMT and military. Thank you all for keeping America, America!
Enjoy that clean Cutlass!

Reactions: 2 users

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
Our love of cars and especially G-Bodies certainly will keep your mind busy and constructive! I've witnessed my share during my tour of services from 1990 to 2015 before retiring from the military (U.S.M.C and Airforce) but no two experiences are alike. Staying in touch with my buddies really helps. I thank you for your service and sacrifice!!!

I've not changed much stuff from our 84 Cutlass. Some stuff was out of necessity though. In-Line Tube for the stainless brake and fuel lines for one. Next is the air conditioning compressor. I have R-12 and the equipment to pull that down and service it. That will keep me occupied this week :LOL:

Did you get the car with the SBC or did you put it in? Nice ride!!
First off thanks for your Service! I wanted to be a career man but a injury put it to a dead stop 😔. I have been to every meeting at the VA that I can attend and been on all sorts of Meds. But nothing helps more then when I turn the key on my 84' Cutlass. And I also did the stainless brake lines and fuel lines when I did my frame off. Kinda wish I would have kept my A/C but needed the weight savings. My car came with a tired 3.8 V6 I did the SBC swap 10 years ago. Now it has a GM performance 383 with AFR heads.
Thank you for your service brother. I was in too. Ever need to talk, hit me up. Oh and gorgeous Cutlass!
Thanks Man appreciate it and thanks for your Service! What branch were you?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
First off thanks for your Service! I wanted to be a career man but a injury put it to a dead stop 😔. I have been to every meeting at the VA that I can attend and been on all sorts of Meds. But nothing helps more then when I turn the key on my 84' Cutlass. And I also did the stainless brake lines and fuel lines when I did my frame off. Kinda wish I would have kept my A/C but needed the weight savings. My car came with a tired 3.8 V6 I did the SBC swap 10 years ago. Now it has a GM performance 383 with AFR heads.

Thanks Man appreciate it and thanks for your Service! What branch were you?
Army

Reactions: 1 users

383_StealthRam

Greasemonkey
Dec 29, 2016
Thank you for your service to our country! Great looking Cutlass!

Good choice on the Holley EFI, mine's running HP EFI and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor