Belt Seperation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

79cutlasssalon442

Master Mechanic
Jan 25, 2012
I got some cragar ss' s and cooper cobras off a 77 camaro drag car my dad just got they were all way off balance. Took them to my local midas and the front two balanced just fine.. the back two wheels were spinning perfect. But you could watch the tire move up and down with it spinning. And it shakes at anything over 50. Would this be belt seperation? There arent any severe bubbles in the tread or anything. Just the tire looks oblonged while spinning on the balancer.

marz442

Greasemonkey
Jan 12, 2013
Cicero Il
Due you have the correct lug nuts? Most of the cragars are unilug so if you do have the correct
one they will do just that.

79cutlasssalon442

Master Mechanic
Jan 25, 2012
marz442 said:
Due you have the correct lug nuts? Most of the cragars are unilug so if you do have the correct
one they will do just that.
It has the lug nuts that have the long cone end on them to thread on farther. And it wouldnt make the tire bounce up and down on the balancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor