Best Safety Glasses?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Other than the 2 pair of Dewalt goggles I bought for my garage, I also bought these Dewalt safety glasses for work with foam around the edges.

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I only ever seem to get stuff in my eyes when im wearing safety glasses.

Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Safety Goggles!
In my day we didn’t wear safety goggles. And you were a sissy if you wore gloves. And drinking was required at lunch. And you know what I tell those kids I work with when they ask me why I’m wearing gloves and glasses now, “It’s not my day anymore”. Oh, and there’s no drinking at lunch anymore either.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
If only I had known the wisdom of wearing eye protection, gloves, and knee pads, maybe I wouldn't be the physical wreck I am now. Oh well. So I eventually trained myself to work with gloves and now I can do almost anything while wearing them. I also don't go out on the water without a life jacket. Ve getz too soon oldt- unt too late schmart.

Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
If you can find a well ventilated type with a foam or seal around the edges is best. I have to wear glasses normally and my new job requires special styles because all day long I grind metal parts. And not big stuff but small with Dremel size carbide bit.
I even had to before now getting bugs in the eye on the motorcycle.

Last edited:

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
The ones I wear...

safety squints.gif

• Haha

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Nov 4, 2012
I picked up these ones from Home Depot yesterday. They are 3M brand. They weren't cheap, around $40 (still less than an ER trip). They fit well and the seal around my face fits tight. They don't fog up too bad and they are fairly comfortable. They aren't scratch resistant, so I'll have to be careful where I set them.
20240506_191945.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

ms350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2010
Wear a face shield and if you are doing grinding wear safety glasses too unless you have a face shield that is ANSI approved. I usually get the Harbor Freight cheap ones because they get scratched up fast. I have tried a lot of different safety glasses. I have liked my cheap Harbor Freight ones but they do not cover well enough and I still had metal in my eye while wearing them. Recently got some nicer UVEX ones with anti-fog and scratch resistance. I like the fit. We will see this summer how they hold up. Face shields are the way to go for most things and I learned it too late after I already had an eye injury.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor