Bi+C# Thread for the nit-picky old men

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
DRIVEN said:
That one can actually work in your favor. I have a list pf words that I search for including crager, cutless, holly, camero, 200r4, etc. Sometimes these idiots get no other calls just because everyone else underestimated their lack of education/laziness.

That's a really good idea, I always search using the proper spelling even though it seems a majority of people can't spell especially on Craigslist adds.

azmalibuwagon

Master Mechanic
Sep 18, 2009
Phoenix
Hah - I feel better now that I know I'm not the only guy on here that gets anal about this stuff. I especially dislike the guys who write they're, there, and their 3 times in a sentence and spell it wrong all 3 times! Hey, I understand it's easy to slip up; it hard to proofread your own work. I'm always finding things in my own emails that I can't believe I mistyped. But come on - there are free spellers and dictionaries online, so at least learn the difference. How long could it take?

---

Here's a CL ad I just saw a couple of minutes ago.

Hello CL ima make this nice and simple I have a 1992 Honda civic for sale its 5 sp has a d15b7 has small leak not sure what it is its dropped on coilovers on the front rolling on 18in rims tinted windows pioneer stereo I'm looking to trade it for any Honda or acura or sell it for 1800 with rims 1500 firm without rims I just want an automatic but send me pik of your offers thank you 623 208 9119 car has NO power steering or ac components it runs good

I should probably just avoid Craigslist entirely, or at least put '-ima' in my searches...

Nov 4, 2012
Craigslist ads listed as Monte Carlo SS, when they aren't actually ss's, just ls's or base models. I see it all the time, and it really erks me.

Nov 4, 2012
565bbchevy said:
DRIVEN said:
That one can actually work in your favor. I have a list pf words that I search for including crager, cutless, holly, camero, 200r4, etc. Sometimes these idiots get no other calls just because everyone else underestimated their lack of education/laziness.

That's a really good idea, I always search using the proper spelling even though it seems a majority of people can't spell especially on Craigslist adds.

I won't reply to anyone who uses really bad grammar in an ad, because most of the time, when you give these people a call, they are lazy morons who half the time don't even know what they are selling, and honestly, I'd rather pay a little bit more to do business with someone who knows what they are talking about and knows what they are selling, than to do business with an idiot.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
joesregalproject said:
Craigslist ads listed as Monte Carlo SS, when they aren't actually ss's, just ls's or base models. I see it all the time, and it really erks me.

Yeah, I see that all the time around here,I feel like emailing them and telling them the SS didn't come with chrome trim on the doors and windows but I feel if they are dumb enough to advertise it as an SS maybe they don't even know it's not one. Pretty much any Monte around here that has the SS nose is called an SS except mine.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Though I should've jumped at the opportunity, I walked due to frustration or disgust? A guy selling a 85ish grand prix, claimed to have a 455 olds under the hood. I stopped in to look, had my old cutlass salon at the time (rust free southern car), one of the first things from the sellers mouth "This car aint no rot box like that one thar" (refering to my car). Right then I knew this was about to be a waste of my time. As the scumbag went on to describe his prized piece :roll: , he starts jabbering about how the car can lift the left front tire a foot off the ground, and the engine is so big it barely fit under the hood with a regular fan, yada, yada, yada. I get a glimpse of the car, decent looking on the outside, pretty good under carriage, I open the hood.....I had to walk away as to not laugh my *ss off at the chuck. At first glance, Holy sh*t! the engine is sitting at a strange angle, second glance, wait a tick, those are 4A heads, and a 4B block, that's no 455. Third glance, I noticed the 5th digit of the VIN signified a Buick V6. Some schmuck had mounted a 403 on buick v6 mounts, engine sat as though it was ready for lift off into space :rofl: . I couldn't hold back, I told the guy he was full of sh*t, told him he had a cobbled together small block car that's just waiting to self destruct, he didn't believe me :rofl: (mind you I was barely 20 at this point of time). I always hated when people thought that just because I was young, I didn't know wtf I was looking at (though ten years later, I still get the same stereotype). :blam: The nit pick: People who think they have something they don't because their cousin Daryl says otherwise.

Nov 4, 2012
565bbchevy said:
joesregalproject said:

Yeah, I see that all the time around here,I feel like emailing them and telling them the SS didn't come with chrome trim on the doors and windows but I feel if they are dumb enough to advertise it as an SS maybe they don't even know it's not one. Pretty much any Monte around here that has the SS nose is called an SS except mine.

God, I wish the ones I saw had ss noses. The ones I saw still had euro clips or the older base monte clip and they were listed as ss's. they didn't have anything ss about them.

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
lol @ this guy who told me he had a "5-0 v8 350" that'd smash my 350 rocket.... as you all know, the 350 is a 5.7l engine, and i told him that, and that the engine in his car was in fact a 307ci olds engine... i said "yeah its a 5.0, but a 307. but he swore up and down it wasnt a 307 but a "big block 350"... i didnt even bother to argue with him at that point, just let him believe he'd beat me.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
I hate when people text offers on craigslist before they even see what your selling. Or the listing says no trades and they text you trades. I had a 03 Yamaha Banshee on there last yeat. It was the cleaned around. Probably 100 hrs tops and I even rebuilt the top end. They would shoot me offers of $1200 or 1993 explorer plus $300....it was very irritating.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
People who see the ad, call, ask questions about condition, get honest answers, say it's just what they're looking for, ask more questions, get more honest answers, ask if the price is firm, are told YES, come to look at the item, say again that it's just what they've been looking for, then start trying to deduct money because, "It cost me XX in gas and time to make the trip."
So by that logic, if I drive across 5 states and spend $1500 on fuel and it takes me 3 days to make the round trip to buy a $1000 car, the seller should actually pay ME $1200 for my lost wages and fuel. Seems legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor