Borla Nominates Themselves For Stupidest Product of 2023

Nov 4, 2012
Even though I wouldn't buy one, I have nothing against electric cars if other people want to buy them. I don't care that they called it the Mustang. Electric cars are fast. The Tesla Model S Plaid is the fastest holds the record for fastest production car 1/4 mile.

Piped in sound is nothing new. But piping in (and piping out) gas engine sounds on a electric car? And an legitimate aftermarket exhaust company trying to sell the system as a performance upgrade? I thought this was an April fool's joke.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I had no issue with electric cars, other than they are completely useless for me up here, due to range. The ugliness of the Mach E is my issue. But I guess the Mustang 2 and Fox body years, they cover a lot of ugly, in my opinion. I actually liked the Charger Banshee for looks. Making an electric look better than many gas vehicles will help. Apparently, Borla is working on droning out the Wife.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Reminds me of the sound systems they sell for electric model trains.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I had no issue with electric cars, other than they are completely useless for me up here, due to range. The ugliness of the Mach E is my issue. But I guess the Mustang 2 and Fox body years, they cover a lot of ugly, in my opinion. I actually liked the Charger Banshee for looks. Making an electric look better than many gas vehicles will help. Apparently, Borla is working on droning out the Wife.
the early Fox bodies weren't that bad styling-wise. I had an '81 iirc from '89-91

maxresdefault.jpg

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I tend to agree. Had they called in just the Mach E and left the Mustang name off, they probably would have saved themselves a fair bit of ridicule. Or maybe that was the point. Draw more attention to the car by throwing the Mustang name on it. Any publicity is good publicity right?

Aftermarket fake engine sounds shouldn't be a huge surprise. A number of manufacturers (including Ford) have been doing it for quite some time.

The looming ICE ban is going to put many aftermarket performance manufacturers SOL. Silly stuff like this are the few lifelines left for them in a post ICE world. Aftermarket performance parts market mainly supports fairly new cars and quickly drops support for older cars. Just look at all the discontinued performance parts that were once made for G bodies. Unlike ICE, EVs can't really be altered that much on the hardware side. The software is heavily DRM protected and tampering can get the Ev owner blackballed from OEM servicing. Probably the last gasp for many of these companies will be EV conversion parts which will get pushed like LS swaps currently are.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
The looming ICE ban is going to put many aftermarket performance manufacturers SOL. Silly stuff like this are the few lifelines left for them in a post ICE world. Aftermarket performance parts market mainly supports fairly new cars and quickly drops support for older cars. Just look at all the discontinued performance parts that were once made for G bodies. Unlike ICE, EVs can't really be altered that much on the hardware side. The software is heavily DRM protected and tampering can get the Ev owner blackballed from OEM servicing. Probably the last gasp for many of these companies will be EV conversion parts which will get pushed like LS swaps currently are.
Can u give some samples of discontinue G Body parts, acontraer my friend, I'm not aware of any part u can't get for a G Body well maybe for a Buick, Pontiac or Olds! Oh about the noise maker mufflers, I see the tailpipe turbo whistle is still popular too. Borla is only giving people what they want, it's capitalism at it best, give the masses what they want, price it way up there and it will sell.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Can u give some samples of discontinue G Body parts, acontraer my friend, I'm not aware of any part u can't get for a G Body well maybe for a Buick, Pontiac or Olds! Oh about the noise maker mufflers, I see the tailpipe turbo whistle is still popular too. Borla is only giving people what they want, it's capitalism at it best, give the masses what they want, price it way up there and it will sell.
sounds like those $10k Monster audio cables :rofl:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Hurst installation kit 373 0017 & related parts only used in this application for the Comp Plus shifter. They still sell the complete shifter cause it's also used for an 2nd gen F body application.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

TES headers, Hooker 2040 headers, Thermac dual snorkel aircleaners. There is one guy over on the MCSSforum that sells cloned ZZ4 PROM chips but still not something that is mass produced you can buy from a catalog. Aftermarket CCC ECMs with built in control dials and A/F meter to easily control the A/F mixture and spark advance from the driver seat. Kits to modify the lean stop into an external adjustment, stripped lean stop repair kits, adjustable delay choke pulloffs, and special repair tools for G bodies. Weatherstripping that actually fits correctly, clamp on push bumpers, etc.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor