Bought a SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2008
Covington, Va
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to getting started on it. Probably pretty slow going this year as we save for the wedding and work on our house some. I've got to get the car trailer up here to our house so I can haul the Camaro back to Dad's place where we can pull the driveline from it and get the engine out of the SS and ready to transplant the Camaro motor.

I will be doing a lot of reading, searching and I'm sure asking some G-body newb questions. And to think I originally joined here to find some 2bbl carbs to build for small cid off-road trucks...

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I have always loved that color. I wonder why the previous owner swapped out the stock taillights for non SS ones :?

Silver 88 Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2013
-83MONTESS- said:
I have always loved that color. I wonder why the previous owner swapped out the stock taillights for non SS ones :?
Those are the correct taillights for a 84ss i think.Later models are differant.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Silver 88 Monte said:
-83MONTESS- said:
For an '84 Monte Carlo, those are the correct style taillights but I don't believe the SS should have chrome trim around the edge.

Silver 88 Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2013
I agree with that.Thats a nice deal on a SS though.Wish i found that monte.I got a nice 355 Hydrolic Roller motor that would complement that body.

Silver 88 Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2013
I agree with that.I guess GM didn't realize that untill the 87-88 models.Lay down spoilers and 87-88 taillights are nice.

Attachments

• 154.JPG
    154.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 912

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Silver 88 Monte said:
-83MONTESS- said:
The are the right style but the SS lights didnt have chrome trim.

Edit: sorry didnt read the post before me :oops:

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
Hello. I am from Bristol I have drove by that care several times and wondered what he was asking. Looks like a solid car good luck with your project! Small world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor