Not open for further replies.

TerryD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2008
Covington, Va
-83MONTESS- said:
Silver 88 Monte said:
-83MONTESS- said:
I have always loved that color. I wonder why the previous owner swapped out the stock taillights for non SS ones :?
Those are the correct taillights for a 84ss i think.Later models are differant.
The are the right style but the SS lights didnt have chrome trim.

Edit: sorry didnt read the post before me :oops:

So what tail lights am I looking for to male it right? One of these has a section broke out so I have to put one in regardless.

ham1974 said:
Hello. I am from Bristol I have drove by that care several times and wondered what he was asking. Looks like a solid car good luck with your project! Small world!

Thanks! I used to go to the Super Chevy shows right often, but since I had kids, have not been. I worked at the potato chip factory off exit 3 for a while also.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Looks pretty good, looks like the underbody should be cleaned and coated with POR15, ( I prefer KBS Rustseal myself). Better inspect the body mount bushings, if they are bad that will cause cracks in the body.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
The correct taillights would be these:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/83-84-85-86-Mont ... ~60_35.JPG
I have a set of old chrome ones that got partially soda blasted when I did my car. I you wanted to finish blasting or sanding them and paint them I will send them to you for the price of shipping. I could also just send the trim and you swap it out.

TerryD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2008
Covington, Va
Ok, so I have not touched the car yet. Too much other stuff going on. Bought a truck and I've been putting money into it to get it going. Anyways, I have a 1992 RS Camaro sitting there with a manual transmission in it. All original (AFAIK), complete car. I've been reading a little on the swap and have not found anything overly helpful as the forum search blocks out "t5" in any search I try.

From what I've gathered, I need to pull the transmission, bell housing, and petal assembly from the F-body and then use the 4th gen 93+ clutch master and slave cylinder set to go with it. This should clear about any set of headers I want to run and be a good setup to start me out since my current automatic is shot and I don't have any 3 speed autos to go in. I want to do a manual transmission down the line, so why not just start with one now, right?

TerryD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2008
Covington, Va
Got the TH350C out of the Monte today. We got it torn down and it needs some internal parts. I know where there is a parts transmission at, I think I will go grab it tomorrow and see if it's internals are in better shape.

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
I have a 700r4 that I just pulled from my car if your interested $350. Works fine and I believe it had a slitly larger than stock stall. If your interested call me at 276-494-9748

TerryD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2008
Covington, Va
I appreciate the offer, but I have a known good 700, a questionable 700, a built 700 and a T5 sitting around here. I just wanted the 350 back in it so I didn't have to do a bunch of work with the NSS, backup lights and drive shaft right now.

TerryD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2008
Covington, Va
Well, looks like the TH350C is dead. Someone did a home brew shift kit in it and wore the case out and the clutch pack that rides on the pump body also has some deep grooves worn in it. We put it back in the barn and are planning on staying the T5 swap the next time I can get down.

TerryD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2008
Covington, Va
Been a while, but after the transmission turned out to be worn so badly, I decided to moth ball the Monte and focus my money on my truck and K5 to get them where I wanted before starting on it.

The truck is getting close. The pull-a-part is having a 50% off sale Friday so I'm hoping to get the rest of the stuff I want for it then and finish it up before summer.

Then I've got some stuff to do to the K5 like clocking the t-case, cross-over steering and a cage to get it where I'd like it.

After that, I'm going to tear the Monte down and be able to focus all my funds and effort on it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396913846457.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396913846457.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 258
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor