Brake upgrade question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftrightother

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2009
Canada
Hi all, I would like to upgrade my brakes on my 87 Cutlass Salon but I want to keep my 15" SS3 wheels so I have been looking at SSBC A181 kit along with their Big Bite rotors.

I just wanted to know has anyone used this kit and have any feedback about how much of an improvement they got.

leftrightother

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2009
Canada
Ok I am guessing no one has used it since I got no replies. So what brake upgrades can I do and keep my 15" SS3??

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
the 98+ s10 blazer front brakes are a good upgrade and will clear your 15's

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Not sure if they will clear your 15" wheels though. I know a freind who had done the B-Body brake swap on his 442 and the Old's 15" wheels he had would not clear the caliper so he was stuck. He ended up keeping the wheels and orig brakes with slotted rotors and good pads.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Does it have to be a 2wd blazer or s-10.. I have seen a few 4x4 blazers with dual piston calipers. would those fit?? In regards to b-body spindles would some of a 85 Pontiac Parisenne wagon work? Just looking for different alternatives.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
dont know about the wagon but yes it has to be a 2wd blazer 98+ the pickup did not get the dual piston brakes and the 4wd use differant spindles. also when you do the upgrade you need the spindles off of the blazer and the only bad part is if you have to replace the bearing hubs there about 250 a side

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor