Brett's 78 Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Brett,
I like the way the dash looks in the car. :wink: I'm getting ready to swap mine over...I can't wait.
I like your engine in that burnt copper color...it's different than your typical Chevy orange, powder blue, black, etc.
Did you get to put gauges in yet?

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
I just have the stock idiot lights in it now that do not work with the sending units on the engine. I eventually want to find stock gauges for that dash. I'm just waiting for money to get the rest of the parts I need. In the mean time I'm gonna start cleaning the engine bay. It's gonna take a lot of scrubbing!!!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I have the stock GP gauges which are going in in the meantime until I can fork over for a set of Autometer, VDO, SW, etc.
I just have to find the proper sending units, and hope they work properly.

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
I got around to getting some more of the engine put together. Cleaned up and painted. I bought a new intake manifold from Jegs. Now I need a new top alternator bracket. My stock one doesn't line up with the hole in the manifold so I bought a top bracket the doesn't use that hole at all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 584
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 594

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
I love the color of the engine.

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
Thanks guys. Here's a little update on my progress. I hope to have it back up and rung very soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 489
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 483

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
I'm getting very close to starting her up finally. I just need a radiator hose, a belt and add coolant power steering fluid and trans fluid. I hope the vortec heads are worth it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    871.8 KB · Views: 435
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor