Bunch-o-wagons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
It didn't feel like the right car for him, so he passed...
No reason to defend a car you sold instantly to the next person. :?

It doesn't matter now anyways, but if I were in the position to, I would've bought it in a heartbeat.

Glad the car went to a good new home.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
I'm glad the car sold as well.

I wished you luck, and meant it.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
humourous listing

Mr. President, Buy My 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Clunker
Here she is, 3800 lbs of woodgrain and rust. Licensed, insured, driven regularly and gets about 14 mpg from her Detroit iron V-8. I’ve driven her since the Reagan Administration but now its Time For A Change. Your “Cash for Clunkers” program is a great idea and I would love to trade her in on a new Chevy pickup, but its TOO OLD to qualify as a “clunker”. A simple click on the “Buy It Now” button will set this right and help this country by reducing air pollution, stimulating the auto industry, reducing our dependence on foreign oil and help beautify my neighborhood and spread good will (my neighbors would be overjoyed to see a new vehicle in place of the old wagon). Mr. President, I am willing to do my part. All I ask for is a little stimulus to make this happen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mr-Presi ... 06.c0.m245

!B(cEHtg!mk~$(KGrHgoH-EIEjlLl09!jBKcP-M81RQ~~_1.JPG

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So the owner wants $3500 for a rusted out 78 wagon? And they think buying a new car will reduce air pollution and save the planet?!?!?! I think the owner is crazy! I am surised that anyone that has drove the same vehicle for that many years wants to get rid of it.

Now that I think about it, that would be an awesome body to stick a 455 into.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
1979 Chevrolet Malibu

YOU ARE LOOKING AT A VERY RARE 1979 MALIBU CLASSIC WAGON WITH A 4 SPEED ON THE FLOOR. ONLY VERY FEW WERE MADE WITH A MANUAL 4 SPEED. IT HAS A V8 (267CI), IT HAS A LUGGAGE RACK ON TOP, VINYL SEATS, IT IS A ONE OWNER CAR, IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. IT RUNS GREAT AND HAS AN ADDED AIR CONDITIONER AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTURES. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS. WE LOVE THIS CAR AND WANT TO FIND SOMEONE TO LOVE IT AS MUCH AS WE DO. HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320438239536&ih=011&category=6170

Picture_1.png

Picture_2.png

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Haven't heard from you in a while. I was wondering if you're any closer to finding that elusive wagon.
That Malibu looks very original. I don't really care for that add-on A/C. I do like the 4-spd though.

Jack

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Manual trans + non a/c = awesome

I'd probably ditch the '60s esque add on a/c unit...

My camera died while I was taking pictures for you... :roll:
I'll get the rest taken and loaded up here as soon as I get some more batteries.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'd still love to have that car. I also would replace the aftermarket air for a good OEM unit using new parts and a rotary compressor. I'd take all the goodies out of my car and swap them on to that car.
Someone is going to get a good rare find.

That right quarter looks slightly caved in.

Jack

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
I found a couple regals on ebay and Craigslist, but noting has worked out yet, mostly due to one of those hickups in life that happen from time to time. I had a drain back up, a wheelbearing burn out in my daily driver buick, and two elderly dogs get put down after expensive treatments, all in the space of two weeks.

Spare cash tends to suffer in those scenarios, in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor