can i put 22s on my 86 cutlass with out lifting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
1984CuttySupreme said:
Yea I used adapters all around. Gives it a better look too... they line up with the body instead of sitting in so far. And as far as lifting, for a Cutlass you're gonna have to either trim the front fender or raise the car. With a Monte Carlo you may not have to due to different fender shaping. Unless my Cutlass is just unique to every other Cutlass, I just don't see how you can avoid grabbing the fender when turning the wheel without lifting. The knuckles gave me 2 inch lift, if not more, and I was still hitting the fender.

my friend has an 87 442 he put 22 inch wheels with out lifting

BETSER

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2010
87LS/88SS said:
BETSER said:
i put 24s on my aerocoupe there 3pc rims with a big *ss lip . i put new springs and shocks in the front and air shocks in the back so and i had 2 put adapters so it wouldnt rub on the frame but the front still does. but my main issue is when im driving and any little line in the road makes my front tires rub pretty bad with the inner fender and it even ripped off a little pieces of tire do u think those knuckles u guys are talking about would help ????and would it raize it alot i dont mind a little bit just enough so it wont rub?? or do they make the springs more stiffer???

Why would you spend the extra $$ on 3 piece wheels and not get the correct offset?
because i had gotten them for my 1995 impala ss but i sold my impala and kept the rims

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
BETSER said:
87LS/88SS said:
BETSER said:
i put 24s on my aerocoupe there 3pc rims with a big *ss lip . i put new springs and shocks in the front and air shocks in the back so and i had 2 put adapters so it wouldnt rub on the frame but the front still does. but my main issue is when im driving and any little line in the road makes my front tires rub pretty bad with the inner fender and it even ripped off a little pieces of tire do u think those knuckles u guys are talking about would help ????and would it raize it alot i dont mind a little bit just enough so it wont rub?? or do they make the springs more stiffer???

Why would you spend the extra $$ on 3 piece wheels and not get the correct offset?
because i had gotten them for my 1995 impala ss but i sold my impala and kept the rims

ah, well if they are 3 piece wheels you know you can get them re-hooped to not hit the frame. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
georgeathtx said:
g bodys on 22s look sick....that white one is hella sick

Yep...I drove T's SS when it was stock on 22's and when dropped. Damn near full lock. Lil rub, just a lil...

4220953733_527028bf1e_b.jpg

4221701222_e44075b90d_b.jpg

Before...

2580435308_448f572db4_b.jpg

After
Belltech 2" drop spindles up front and Belltech 1.5 springs in the rear. Not sure if T swapped in some new moog front springs tho.....Same pic...

4220953733_527028bf1e_b.jpg

Time to roll. Those iroc were choppin.

[youtube]<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7DGq9Byqcts&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7DGq9Byqcts&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I did my drop based on T's setup. I went a lil lower tho. 3" up front and 3" out back. I'll drop my Rocs on and post a few pics

Ya boy Warren 8)

BETSER

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2010
dam warren ur car is looking bad *ss!!!! cany wait to see it dropped on those irocs!!! il probably by some 24 irocs for mine!!

BETSER

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2010
Why would you spend the extra $$ on 3 piece wheels and not get the correct offset?[/quote]
because i had gotten them for my 1995 impala ss but i sold my impala and kept the rims[/quote]

ah, well if they are 3 piece wheels you know you can get them re-hooped to not hit the frame. Shouldn't be too expensive.[/quote]
well i wish it was that eazy. when i bought those rims the lips they used are very rare most 3pc are inner lip outer lip then the face. mine are inner lip the face then the outer lip and where the bolt go it kinda curves up and i bought them from the makaveli manufacturer but he closed the place down but ive been looking all around for that lip and no one carries it so im assed out but im still loo.king

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
BETSER said:
dam warren ur car is looking bad *ss!!!! cany wait to see it dropped on those irocs!!! il probably by some 24 irocs for mine!!

Thanks bruh!! If mine looks any where near as clean as Tony's SS, I'll be a happy dude. My drop is agressive, and will take some thought on fitting the deuces on. I had a set of 24" irocs but sold em cuz I wanted to be really low. I could have pulled it off but some tubbing and other mods would have been needed... Thanks again fam. I'll try to get some pics up soon...

Warren

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
BETSER said:
because i had gotten them for my 1995 impala ss but i sold my impala and kept the rims[/quote]

ah, well if they are 3 piece wheels you know you can get them re-hooped to not hit the frame. Shouldn't be too expensive.[/quote]
well i wish it was that eazy. when i bought those rims the lips they used are very rare most 3pc are inner lip outer lip then the face. mine are inner lip the face then the outer lip and where the bolt go it kinda curves up and i bought them from the makaveli manufacturer but he closed the place down but ive been looking all around for that lip and no one carries it so im assed out but im still loo.king[/quote]

try Race Line, they may be able to help you out http://www.racelinewheels.com/

I purchased my 3 piece 4s for my truck from them

BETSER

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2010
87LS/88SS said:
BETSER said:

well i wish it was that eazy. when i bought those rims the lips they used are very rare most 3pc are inner lip outer lip then the face. mine are inner lip the face then the outer lip and where the bolt go it kinda curves up and i bought them from the makaveli manufacturer but he closed the place down but ive been looking all around for that lip and no one carries it so im assed out but im still loo.king[/quote]

try Race Line, they may be able to help you out http://www.racelinewheels.com/
ima try them out thanks for the help.

I purchased my 3 piece 4s for my truck from them[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor