Chambered exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm referring specifically to the chambered exhaust system used on the early Z/28 where the mufflers looked like crimped/dimpled glasspacks. Has anyone run them? Are they completely obnoxious?

I'm considering a set of Power Sticks on a project but YouTube clips aren't a great way to choose a muffler.

crotchss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2010
Kearney, Nebraska
I ran a set of these back in the day, about 20 years ago or so. Back then they were called Turbo tubes, I think. I had 2 1/2" duals that ran back and dumped in front of rear tires on 1980 Cutlass with 355 SBC. It was fairly loud, but not overly obnoxious, of course I was alot younger then and loud was cool. I have been thinking of buying another set though to try on a project.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
I remember those, an old manager of mine had them on his vette years ago (had a crate 350 or 383). It wasn't really that loud (at normal rpm), but it was kinda blatty, and lacked a "nice" tone to accompany the noise they made. Made me think I was hearing some old pos with an 1 7/8 straight pipe off the cat, not something with a healthy powerplant.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor