Chrome plating

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi
From what I've been told you're damn near better off shipping your parts all the way to southern Cali and back. Heard the east coast is super expensive when it comes to chrome plating.

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010

cashmoneyspeed

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago
I've sent stuff off to Cali to get plated and honestly I've found the same if not better plating done locally here in the Chicago area. Slightly cheaper plus no shipping costs as well. I suggest finding a local spot that you can physically pick your parts up from to insure there's no problems. Same goes for trim polishing and usually you get get both done at the same shop.

79CMC

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
grandamman said:
Thanks for the link. They coat plastic and pot metal too. :banana:

FE3X CLONE said:
http://www.advancedplating.com/

Right there close in Tenn.

Interesting. Does that mean they'll plate things like headlight and tailight bezels and grilles? I thought plastic would melt, but I saw on their site it's a "new service."

Nov 4, 2012
If your looking at chrome plating on the east coast, itd be cheaper buying new parts. I live on the east coast, and for that exact reason, decided to black out the trim on my car.

cashmoneyspeed

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago
joesregalproject said:
If your looking at chrome plating on the east coast, itd be cheaper buying new parts. I live on the east coast, and for that exact reason, decided to black out the trim on my car.

It's actually cheaper to restore the trims in most cases. The trim isn't chrome from the factory and I'm not sure any can be purchases new anymore. Same for chroming parts, no reason to buy new parts before plating unless they're physically rusted away.

79mc, yes you can replate plastic just like the original parts had. It's just not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor