classic car insurance for Gbody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
Looking to purchase classic car insurance for my 86/GP, Any good company's out there
that you would recommend?
Gbarrie.

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
I've never had to make any sort of claim so far, but I've been happy with American Collectors Insurance

Crd80BU

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2012
Ontario, Canada
King_V said:
I've never had to make any sort of claim so far, but I've been happy with American Collectors Insurance

I'm real worried about using collectors insurance in case I do get in an accident, they may not pay if you don't fall within the accepted use.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Crd80BU said:
King_V said:

I'm real worried about using collectors insurance in case I do get in an accident, they may not pay if you don't fall within the accepted use.

you got that right, try telling them you were driving your car to a car show at 11 pm

bighp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2010
butler pa
I have grundy on 2 of my oldsmobile and I will b adding another one soon I like that its a agreed value so u can make the coverage what u want and their is no limits

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
in Ontario if you have historic plates "vehicle must be 30 years or older, be relatively stock, and be used only for shows, parades, to and from, and to and from servicing of the vehicle"

if you have classic insurance "Classic- This is a vehicle that is between 15 - 30 years old and in good condition. It has collector value and is not used for commuting."

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
what about if your ride is modified?... Like mine, as much as a hate to say it the drivetrain is worth more then the actual car!.... :lol: worse part is I got allot of good deals along the way and of course no receipts... :|

79GP6.6L

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2006
Upstate NY
I have American Collectors. They insure modified cars and they have different tiers, including one that allows normal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor