Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Yes....he is the owner of Gbodyparts.com

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Bweavy said:
The seal will not be $155. It will be actually less. You will get the pan seal & the glass seal.
Head baby sitter Bill ;)
Sorry...just didnt know how soon you'd see his post. Do you have a write-up or know of a write-up/instructions on the removal and resealing of the Astro-Roof assy? Thanks Brian

rogerb

Apprentice
May 4, 2012
Sun City West AZ.
bill said:
Bweavy said:
The seal will not be $155. It will be actually less. You will get the pan seal & the glass seal.
Head baby sitter Bill ;)
Sorry...just didnt know how soon you'd see his post. Do you have a write-up or know of a write-up/instructions on the removal and resealing of the Astro-Roof assy? Thanks Brian
Bill: I did order and recived the "booklet on T-Tops/moon roofs" from Gbody parts. is that what you are refering to or somthing different. If different is it "downloadable" from the web?? and a link would be nice.

Also anything we should be aware of when we drop the headliner in prep to doing the gasket changes??

I am realeitve new at this but have 2 "cohearts" who are (old school wernch turner and the other a autobody guy) got their start in the early 60's so this is right up their alley.

Ephantom22

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 24, 2012
What is the peice next to the sunroof switch
I have a 87 442 with sunroof but my headliner is lose from where the sunroof motor and switch is
Maybe I'm missing a peice ?

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
This is a book we buy from the author.
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info. ... d64dd16a8e
It has step by step R & R instructions.

Ephantom22 is your roof a factory unit? it would say CF5 on the trunk ID label sticker. The after markets they would take the front half of the head liner board & destroy it. Then stretch the material & glue to the roof.

What should be by the switch is the power moon roof motor. The button pops down & then you have a window crank tool in the glove box. It should be a Manilla colored envelope.

Bill I appreciate you giving any in put on my be half. It's hard to make time to be on the boards.

rogerb

Apprentice
May 4, 2012
Sun City West AZ.
Ephantom22 said:
I have a 87 442 with sunroof but my headliner is lose from where the sunroof motor and switch is
Between the switch and the window is a plug about 1 1/2" diam. that is a accesshole to insert a alen type wrench to manualy close/open the window if the motor fails. The wernch is included with the car ( at this time "long gone" i asume) this is per the troubleshooting book on the roof and t-tops I bought at Gbodyparts.xom

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
rogerb said:
Ephantom22 said:
Between the switch and the window is a plug about 1 1/2" diam. that is a accesshole to insert a alen type wrench to manualy close/open the window if the motor fails. The wernch is included with the car ( at this time "long gone" i asume) this is per the troubleshooting book on the roof and t-tops I bought at Gbodyparts.xom
I hate to ask this question, but this quote got me thinking about of buddy of mine with a Saturn coupe that has a sunroof and its stuck open. Do all factory sunroofs have the capability to be manually closed?

rogerb

Apprentice
May 4, 2012
Sun City West AZ.
bill said:
rogerb said:
Ephantom22 said:
I hate to ask this question, but this quote got me thinking about of buddy of mine with a Saturn coupe that has a sunroof and its stuck open. Do all factory sunroofs have the capability to be manually closed?

Bill don't have a clue about the Saturn check with a GM Dealer. What I posted came from the Gbody.com troubleshooting info book on T-Tops/Moon Roofs. Am sort of "green" on the whole thing myself.

Ephantom22

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 24, 2012
It does say cf5 in the trunk sticker but where can I get the parts I need the gm dealers have discontinued them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor