RACING Drag and Drive Events 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
These things seem to be proliferating like teenage rabbits in heat. Drag Week, Drag Weekend, Race Week, Sick Week, and Miles of Mayhem for us in the land of frozen floppy-heads.

I am seriously considering doing Miles of Mayhem, especially if the borders don't open again this year. Registration starts on 5 Feb 2022, and is limited to 160 spots. The only downside is it is all 1/8 mile. Hmm...

Anyone else got plans to attend one or more?

• Informative
Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I'll do Drag weekend in September for the 6th time.

Drag Weekend 500 (Byron Dragway) joined with One Guys Garage Drag Weekend (buddy of mine) for 21 since it's a Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa thing and it overlapped.

I've thought about Summit Midwest but its Tuesday-Friday so you still have to take a whole week off.

I really need to put a turbo auto car with a cage together before I shoot for Drag Week.

1641608790096.png

• Friendly
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The Summit Drags are somewhat close to me, or I should say closer than any of the other events presently.

There has been some concern of Drag Week 2022 taking place due to Freiburger's exodus from HotRod. Implying he was the driving force in continuing Drag Week. Time will tell I guess. I'm awaiting the registration announcement. If it doesn't happen in '22, then I'll be looking for something else.

I'd like to get back to Byron, in a different situation than I was in this year, as well. The idea of a Drag Weekend with only a couple of days of travel would make it easier 4 consecutive days of attrition/street time to contend with. This old guy can't run on limited sleep like a used to, but a couple of days I can still do.

Sick Week would be a great time for us northerners. I'm sure I could convince my wife to go to Florida for a Week in January or February - It's just quite a haul from NY.

It would be great to see more members participate in these events - trust me, they are a blast.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The Summit Drags are somewhat close to me, or I should say closer than any of the other events presently.

There has been some concern of Drag Week 2022 taking place due to Freiburger's exodus from HotRod. Implying he was the driving force in continuing Drag Week. Time will tell I guess. I'm awaiting the registration announcement. If it doesn't happen in '22, then I'll be looking for something else.

I'd like to get back to Byron, in a different situation than I was in this year, as well. The idea of a Drag Weekend with only a couple of days of travel would make it easier 4 consecutive days of attrition/street time to contend with. This old guy can't run on limited sleep like a used to, but a couple of days I can still do.

Sick Week would be a great time for us northerners. I'm sure I could convince my wife to go to Florida for a Week in January or February - It's just quite a haul from NY.

It would be great to see more members participate in these events - trust me, they are a blast.

Huh, I didn't know...

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Huh, I didn't know...

There's been some hubbub about it on FB and Instagram, but.......it's a very good possibility that DW issues are all BS. We'll find out come Feb when the registration usually happens.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but DW '21 was 500% more disorganized than '19 for the racers until it hit Byron and 2nd visit to US131. I thought that it was due to Brian Lohnes not being there to help Freiburger with the organization end of it, but I'm not sure. Look at what happened to Bruce, that was 100% a lack of knowledgeable track officials in the lanes that cost him the remainder of the week and a pile of money. FWIW, he took it way better than I would have. If it goers, then hopefully that is resolved lol.

Reactions: 1 users

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
My plan was to do Sick Week 2022, but I wasn't able to complete the registration online before it sold out. I definitely want to do one soon!!

Reactions: 1 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Thank you for posting this info. I hope to attend as I spectator as I'm having trouble finding 100 UTQG tires. Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Well Power Tour I was hoping would continue on where they left off last year (Illinois) and head north into Wisconsin like the plan was in 2020, I was gunning for a loop into Wisc, MN, and then back into IA and MO, but they are totally bucking the trend and starting Tennessee and then looping down to GA.

Drag week *tends* to follow generally the loop that power tour does so I bet Drag Week goes back into the South this year. Which means I better look at Summit Midwest Drags for my summer fill of car vacation.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Oh yeah Dur, I was mostly right.

Drag week goes back South for this year.

I'm out. Guess I might try to get my poop in a group and do Summit this year? IDK.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Sounds like an extra day of travel to and fro will be needed - 16 hrs to Memphis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor