dual exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

my85gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2007
London
im sure this has been brought up but ill ask anyways.. Why is it i can get a dual exhaust kit from say.. jegs for any other g body.. but in big bold letters it says WILL NOT FIT CUTLASS SUPREME MODEL. I currently own an 84 supreme ever since someone decided they deserved my grand prix more then i did and took it upon themselves to take possession. Anyways if the kit will fit let me know, if not why? i hear the engines offset or something.. its a V8

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I have never heard of that before. My buddy is using a dual exhaust setup from a Monte Carlo with a SBC and he runs a 455 in his '84 Cutlass Supreme

Aug 20, 2006
i have a 79 cutlass supreme. that im in the process of putting a duel exhaust on .im using headmen full lentgh headers a g-force duel hump crossmember.and a pypes header back system .when looking for my headers .i was looking at flowtech headers and they said the same bs .i called headmen on the headers and they told me that they have heard the samd story from other people call ind asking .they told me that is bs come to find out the motor is off set in the 70-72 supremes not a 78-88 . hope this helpsout

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
yeah, I have gotten that response, but after talking to some people found out that they made up this thing about supreme's having an offset engine. Anyways, it will fit perfect so no worries

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
that thing about the cutlass supreme is total bullshit... they even said that about the crossmembers..even tho im not happy with mine...i still got it in..the engine is not OFFSET... its set up just like any other G-body...the early Cutlasses had offset engines...or so i was informed

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
I have a Dynomax 2 1/4" true dual exhaust kit with cherrybomb super turbo mufflers on my '83 Supreme.It was a kit.
I think it's in the Summit catalogue......

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor