Is this Marketplace dual exhaust more trouble than it's worth?

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
When I swap in my Buick 350 I'm going to upgrade from single to dual exhaust. I found this full system semi-local. I know this won't bolt up to the Buick manifolds & I thought about having it modified to mate up with the TA Buick 350 downpipes. But I feel like the front half of this system isn't really suited to that because of everything being kicked to the passenger side. Am I right... is this "too far off" to be worth it? It's tempting because the TA kit is $435 less mufflers.

1692635011850.png

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Any competent exhaust shop would be able to graft new down pipes into the existing system configuration to match up to a Buick engine.
The system is bent the way it is to make use of the factory single hump trans crossmember instead of using an aftermarket dual hump or modified stock one.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
I usually pass on jury-rigging, especially, when it involves too many issues. I try to do it right the first time so as to NOT have regrets later on. Check out a Pypes kit that would also include either a cross-over or H-pipe. Just so you know, there will be an additional cost for a proper transmission cross member.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I usually pass on jury-rigging, especially, when it involves too many issues. I try to do it right the first time so as to NOT have regrets later on. Check out a Pypes kit that would also include either a cross-over or H-pipe. Just so you know, there will be an additional cost for a proper transmission cross member.
Pypes is currently only selling (from my last check of their site a few months back) OE type 2.5" cat back, 2.5" X pipe duals with cats ($$$, per a EPA threat) & 3" X pipe duals w/o cats as a racing kit.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I don't like that it has rear exit tail pipes.
I would buy the mufflers that you want and maybe some tail pipes from this place:
and build your own to connect between the mufflers and downpipes or maybe take it to an exhaust shop and have it done

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm picking up what y'all are putting down. I'll pass on it. Thanks!

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
I'm picking up what y'all are putting down. I'll pass on it. Thanks!
i bought 1/2 my exhaust off amazon. 30 ea 1 chamber totalflow stainless mufflers, 140 2.5" flowmaster alum prebent gbody tail pipes rear exit and 200 for high flow magnaflow cats for straight back duels unlike what you were loking at. the rest a shop bent up and not sure of price but was a major discount cuz was done thru a good fried of his.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor