Engine mounts 350 Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
I've been looking for solid mounts and haven't found any, the ones on that link are for a Small Block Chevy, I have asked on here but nobody answered, UMI makes ones for Olds motors but they say it may interfere with headers, check their site. It's times like these the low usage of Olds motors really frustrates things

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Fox80 said:
I've been looking for solid mounts and haven't found any, the ones on that link are for a Small Block Chevy, I have asked on here but nobody answered, UMI makes ones for Olds motors but they say it may interfere with headers, check their site. It's times like these the low usage of Olds motors really frustrates things

The one's in the link are UMI i think and i feel the Oldsmobile guys pain i decided to try to be one but the price and shortage of parts is devastating but i'm not giving up on it i'm running my stock exhaust manifold it's a street car but thank's for the info i'm about to look the up right now.

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
Fox80 said:
Check out Dick Miller racing. I bought my set of solid engine mounts from him and had no trouble with headers

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
TeezySupreme said:
I have been searching online for frame pad mounts, cant find any I have a 1980 Cutlass that's getting a 350 olds I wanted to know have anyone every used these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/upi-0 ... /year/1980 and is it worth the money or ill be better off going to pull a part??
The mounts in your link are for a chevy engine. Search the classifieds adds on this forum. I saw somebody had set of Oldsmobile frame mounts for $50.00. All Oldsmobile engines are the same from 260-455

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
dr78442 said:
Fox80 said:
Check out Dick Miller racing. I bought my set of solid engine mounts from him and had no trouble with headers

What mount did you use?, the 5400SM? Did you do anything with the frame pad, do you happen to have any pics of your set up? Olds stuff is kind of new to me, small block Chevy is the clamshell in the motor, the pad has rubber in it, to make it a solid mount you change just the frame pad. On an Olds wouldn't you need both halves to make it solid?

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I've not saw them new for sale anywhere. Best bet is to find someone on here with a set or find a cutlass in the junkyard with no engine. You'll know if they're the right pads by looking at them. They can be from any 78-88 Gbody equipped with an olds V8 engine

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
I already have the stock mounts for an Olds motor, I just am trying to find the parts to make it a solid mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor