Exhaust problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricane

Apprentice
Sep 6, 2009
Athabasca , Alberta Canada
hey there, has anyone here have a issue running true duals on a 87 MC SS ? reason I am asking is I got 2.5 inch exhaust done on my car and ever since this was done my car bottoms out every time I hit a bump in the road. oh by the way this is a true dual system.
Now, how did you fix the problem ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You paid who ever did the job so I'd be taking it back and let them fix their mistake but it's probably the exhaust pipes going over the rear axle tube. You''ll probably see the marks on the exhaust where they are hitting the axle tubes.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
My guess is your Monte Carlo is lowered and the Exhaust is run under the drivers side Transmission cross member.

85blacksalon

Apprentice
Oct 24, 2011
if you have not done so, you need to get a aftermarket cross member that allows the left exhaust pipe to be raised as high as the right side if it scraping at the trans

hurricane

Apprentice
Sep 6, 2009
Athabasca , Alberta Canada
Sorry guys I have an aftermarket crossmember on already, I think I will bring it back to the shop that did the Exhaust work and they can fix there f&@k up

MightyCarlo86

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2012
I had the exact same problem on my 86 Monte Carlo SS with true duals every time I'd hit a bump you would hear a loud bang. because of the size of the factory upper control arms it is a really tight fit with how the exhaust got run so when you hit a bump the axle tube would bang against the exhaust pipes. I will just get tubular uppers and get a new set of tailpipes and call it a day right now the exhaust was just bent slighty to keep it from making noise until I get my new upper and lower control arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor