exterior sunvisor for G body

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You're talking old school accessories. I've never seen one for a G-body before, only on earlier '40's, '50.s, maybe '60's cars.
You could ask some low rider guys, or get creative and make your own.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I had considered running one of these before so I looked into it a while back. Lund made some fiberglass ones that are G Body specific but they don't come up on eBay often and when they do they're pricey. I can say that the ones for 1982-93 S10/S15 look promising but I can't guarantee they fit worth a darn- they may be close or they may need modified but they're considerably less expensive. The following pics are currently active listings on eBay.
Screenshot_20240305-172600.png Screenshot_20240305-172348.png

Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think I have only ever seen those for El Camino's decades ago probably in a JC Whitney catalog, but I think the OP has an 80' Lemans, I would pass on drilling holes in my roof to mount that thing on there.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I think I have only ever seen those for El Camino's decades ago probably in a JC Whitney catalog, but I think the OP has an 80' Lemans, I would pass on drilling holes in my roof to mount that thing on there.
Oh, I didn't realize which vehicle they had and I absolutely agree with you on not drilling holes to mount that absurdity on a LeMans.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I've seen it once before in person,the car had a vinyl top and rear side skirts..

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Oh, I didn't realize which vehicle they had and I absolutely agree with you on not drilling holes to mount that absurdity on a LeMans.
I looked at some previous posts and that was the only vehicle mentioned.

Last edited:

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
I've never seen one for a G-body before

In the 80s and 90s it prob more common to see el caminos with visors around here. Naturally it may have been a truck thing. I recall on a trip from mn to Saskatoon seeing alot of new things. Lots of gbodys with the visors and other cars too. Also there was running boards. Cars everywhere with truck running boards including gbodys.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
In the 80s and 90s it prob more common to see el caminos with visors around here. Naturally it may have been a truck thing. I recall on a trip from mn to Saskatoon seeing alot of new things. Lots of gbodys with the visors and other cars too. Also there was running boards. Cars everywhere with truck running boards including gbodys.
Now the running boards is one modification I don't think I've seen on a G before. Interesting.

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor