exterior sunvisor for G body

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I would pass on drilling holes in my roof to mount that thing on there.
Wife and I recently drove 2.5 hours to look t a truck that turned out to have been listed with pics from probably 5 years previously when HE bought it. As we rolled into the agreed-upon meeting spot, first thing i saw was a roof visor screwed on (NOT in the pics). First thing I said to the guy was "that visor is a deal breaker for me". He just couldn't understand why. When I told him they were famous for leaking he came back with he hadn't seen any leaks. I told him that's because the truck has a double panel roof, and it hadn't rotted out enough to leak inside yet.

Nice afternoon with the Mrs, though

Reactions: 4 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Wife and I recently drove 2.5 hours to look t a truck that turned out to have been listed with pics from probably 5 years previously when HE bought it. As we rolled into the agreed-upon meeting spot, first thing i saw was a roof visor screwed on (NOT in the pics). First thing I said to the guy was "that visor is a deal breaker for me". He just couldn't understand why. When I told him they were famous for leaking he came back with he hadn't seen any leaks. I told him that's because the truck has a double panel roof, and it hadn't rotted out enough to leak inside yet.

Nice afternoon with the Mrs, though
at least it was the car. I still remember a Craigslist ad for a nice looking early 90s Volvo with a very good price I was interested in, went to look at it. arrived at the location specified and couldn't see the car anywhere but some other crappy looking Volvo of similar color parked on the street. the guy shows up 5 mins later and THAT's the car! wtf? "oh, I didn't have any pics so I used some I found online" "and you didn't think to tell me this on the phone when we talked, or mention that in the ad?" 😡 ..... turned around and left, at least I only had to drive 12 miles

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Pretty interesting to see these long forgotten and discontinued G body accessories. I wonder if the running boards offered any protection for the rockers of if they promoted rust?

Here is a rear sun shade for G bodies that was posted a few years ago.

100_1406-jpg.28470

Reactions: 2 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Pretty interesting to see these long forgotten and discontinued G body accessories. I wonder if the running boards offered any protection for the rockers of if they promoted rust?

Here is a rear sun shade for G bodies that was posted a few years ago.

100_1406-jpg.28470
I'm intrigued... I must see more of these.

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Haha yeah the rear window louver trend looked alright on some cars- hatchbacks mostly
Saw them on a pickup yeses ago too

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor