F body to g body interchange questions

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Interior in great shape. I would be more inclined to just sell as roller, as is, minus engine and trans.

On the 305 it should be 202, 776 or similar. These have the thicker webs that allow you to convert to 4 bolt mains.

On the 700R the tail housing is specific to F Body, but will work just fine with out the torque arm. Save the drive shaft. So it can be lengthened or shortened as needed.

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I hate that I love that awful interior. I used to only hate it but have developed a fondness for the Star Trek type interiors of the '80s. I say go for it, I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: 1 user

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Interior in great shape. I would be more inclined to just sell as roller, as is, minus engine and trans.

On the 305 it should be 202, 776 or similar. These have the thicker webs that allow you to convert to 4 bolt mains.

On the 700R the tail housing is specific to F Body, but will work just fine with out the torque arm. Save the drive shaft. So it can be lengthened or shortened as needed.
He is going to hold the monte for me so i can try to sell the camaro outright to pay for it and parts. If it doesn't sell i plan to make payments on the monte and keep the engine/transmission for it and part the camaro out. Thanks for the information on the tailshaft ,i didn't know that

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor