Fastener Resources

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Fastenal is also a very good source for darn near all the bolts, nuts, etc found on our cars, www.fastenal.com They also carry pretty much all auveco products (some in store and some require ordering). I was a branch manager there for a couple years (got let go over some BS thats a story for a different day) and i have replaced ALL of the bolts on my cutlass from there. I use stainless button heads wherever strength isn't an issue, and either grade 8 or metric class 10.9 where need be, i can send pics out if need be.
I will admit, sometimes ordering can take a couple days if a store doesn't stock the item (particularly metric 10.9 stuff). However with over 2000 locations most likely there is a branch close to you guys.
Disclaimer: this isn't a marketing ploy, i absolutely loved my career there but had a jealous district manager that knew i was gunning for his position so he figured a way to get me canned! Sorry for the rambling guys, hope this helps.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I try and replace corroded fasteners with stainless steel whenever possible. These guys have a huge selection. I especially like the ARP stainless line- it's very strong grade of stainless, like grade 8 they claim. http://www.allensfasteners.com/default.asp
I'm a big fan of bolt depot.com for general stuff.it's a small mom&pop based out of Massachusetts.they'll sell you1 to 1000 pieces.be careful with the stainless hardware as the stuff from the hardware store is around a grade 3.not what you're looking for with suspension loading @ all.if you're set on stainless for the suspension,look up a company called totally stainless.they have the higher grade stuff that's safe to use with that particular application.yes stainless is more money but...

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006

Got to buy in bulk, like minimum 30 bucks on an order, but they have a lot of weird stuff. If restoring, it can come in handy. They also put together packs for certain stuff too. Something to consider.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ive been buying all the 10.9 metric hardware for my cars from www.belmetric.com. They sell in small quantities and they ship USPS same day. Great place to get hardened prevailing torque lock nuts. They even carry flange nuts.
Standard grade 8 has been coming from the bolt depot. Same deal. No set amount, ship same day. Theyre both in MA.
I found a place to buy the interior trim clips for my wagon but I cant find the paperwork anywhere and I have no idea what the name of the place is. All I remember is the website had pictures of plywood boards with the stuff the guy sold attached to them.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The local Napa store has installed racks with all automotive hardware, plasitc pins, rivets and all the hard to find stuff. I was in there today picking up some new bolts for the cluster and some trim screws

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
The local Napa store has installed racks with all automotive hardware, plasitc pins, rivets and all the hard to find stuff. I was in there today picking up some new bolts for the cluster and some trim screws
Tractor Supply also has a decent little selection, as does most Do It Best Hardware locations.

Jan 9, 2016
What about the wide plastic trim clips for the rocker panel mouldings , anyone aware of their existence? I have not been able to locate them for my 79 Monte Carlo Landau. Thanks for any help.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor