Status
Not open for further replies.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Well, open headers on non-turbo cars is a totally different animal. That turbo does quite a bit to change the exhaust harshness.

There are, no horsepower advantages to the fender exit. The motorcycle baffles...well...I don't prefer the sound of glass pack style mufflers either.

But, call Schoenfeld.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
How is it possible you can legally drive on the street without mufflers?
Around here you will get pulled over and ticketed for excessive noise and if it is because you are running open headers you will probably get your car impounded and if your open headers exit your fenders good luck and they aren't even that strict around here.
The only exhaust I have on my car is downpipes from the manifolds. Drove it 5,500 miles before the transmission blew. Only got pulled over a few times for cracked window, hoity-toity rich asshats calling the cops, and transmission slipped and accidentally did a block long burnout in front of a cop. No tickets for any of that. In my defense, I wouldn't have made the slip induced burnout worse if I knew he was there. It was 10pm and he was driving around with NO lights on.

blake sheets

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 5, 2016
sanford michigan
Why would you want to go this route for what I am guessing is a 400 SBC which have what seems like an unlimited header selection that bolt right in without mods.
And if this is strictly a drag car only then running a fender exit headers can limit you since many tracks mandate mufflers.
I want to run fender exit for a few reasons. I was told that i cant fabricate by a friend and i want to prove him wrong, also it looks completely badass, and i would rather have sound out the side of the car rather than underneath, i have a setup i copied from a friend of mine for mufflers inside the collector and it meets DB requirements with a loss of 3 rwhp. I can make it work with all the performance i need, but i want my car to be different, anybody can slap some headers on and go, im not like that. I would just like some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor