Fender Rolling???

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
You learn something new every day and today i need to be schooled :shock: on a fender roller. I have to roll the fenders on my regal so i can have more room. How do i do this, i think there is a tool :?: and i would like to know how it is done? Thank you guys in advance for the help.

Dee

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
i think eastwood makes the tool If i'm not mistaken

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm pretty sure Harbor Freight has one. I think you can also use a wooden baseball bat if you are really cheap.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Baseball bat is all I have ever used.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
Phoenyx said:
Baseball bat is all I have ever used.

really? how'd you do it? i'm sure i'll have to do it, but don't want to spend the money on a one time use tool.
thanks

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
It kinda depends on how much room you have between your tires and your wheel wells.

But the way we did (you will need assistance lol) it was to put the bat between the tire and wheel well. Then get some of your buddies to start putting some weight in the trunk and/or get in the back seats. We would try to get is lose to touching as possible. Then place the bat where you want to start on the wheel well. And add enough weight to bring the car down about 1/2" or less. Then have someone push the car while someone else guides the bat, and stop when you have gone far enough. I don't recommend putting the car in gear to do this, also tell the people in the back seat to keep still. You don't wanna kink your quarter panel. And if it needs more, just repeat again. Do a little at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor