Finally complete! 4.8 install and paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
That is a GREAT looking wagon... you should be proud - nice work!!

How did you mount the fans to the radiator??

topstring

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Tennessee
How did you mount the fans to the radiator??
the fans rest their weight on the core support than i just bought fan ties..plastic mounts that go through the radiator like i plastic tie strap material.got them at advance in the cooling aisle.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I noticed that you have the same F-body LS1 fans as I have. I haven't mounted them yet, but was wondering what side is top and bottom. The 3 strips of plastic that stick out on top. I was wondering if that was actually the bottom that is supported on the rad support edge. I bought mine already removed.
I suppose it doesn't matter which side is used as long as it's supported well and wired properly.
I've been mocking up the fans on my new radiator support.

topstring

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Tennessee
I noticed that you have the same F-body LS1 fans as I have. I haven't mounted them yet, but was wondering what side is top and bottom. The 3 strips of plastic that stick out on top. I was wondering if that was actually the bottom that is supported on the rad support edge. I bought mine already removed.
I suppose it doesn't matter which side is used as long as it's supported well and wired properly.
Just make sure it's wired to pull and not push :D

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
topstring said:
Just make sure it's wired to pull and not push :D

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor