first carb rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubi3875

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2012
ELYRIA OHIO
After loving my new cutlass for two weeks my Carb started acting up spitting gas from the primarys and the small tube in the front of the Carb so here is my chance to jump feet first into into the mystical and magical world of the Carb

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Where 'from the primarys' are you talking about and what 'small tube in front' are you refering to? And of course the ultimate question; what carb?

Maybe you just have a stuck float?

kubi3875

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2012
ELYRIA OHIO
It was a stock q-jet when the car would stall gas would blow out around the choke plate and there is a small tube in front of that that looks like it has a small valve glas flowed out of that there I so much grime in the Carb it needed a good cleaning

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
I have always wanted to learn how to rebuild carbs . U should do it and maybe post up some pics.

JohnS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2011
Good for you, wish I had the time and space. The carb on my 3.8 recently stated leaking, I purchased rebuilt.

kubi3875

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2012
ELYRIA OHIO
I have the space the time is so so now the Carb skill not existing all cars I've had where fuel injected so far not so bad cleaned small parts in my ultrasonic cleaner bid pieces in a tub of purple power cleaner and a old toothbrush

kubi3875

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2012
ELYRIA OHIO
JohnS said:
Good for you, wish I had the time and space. The carb on my 3.8 recently stated leaking, I purchased rebuilt.
I looked carbs scare my a new one was a lot of money that I don't have my wife has this belief that the kids and her come first

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Just don't buy a cheap POS rebuild kit from a chain store, those are all garbage these days.

kubi3875

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2012
ELYRIA OHIO
Clone TIE Pilot said:
Just don't buy a cheap POS rebuild kit from a chain store, those are all garbage these days.
Thanks for the heads up have to take the post back and get a good one is the jet brand good?

kubi3875

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2012
ELYRIA OHIO
Bowiemontecarlo86 said:
I have always wanted to learn how to rebuild carbs . U should do it and maybe post up some pics.
Carbs always were like black magic dont understand how the work but I figure what the hell lets do this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor