First Test & Tune of the Year/ Post your times

Status
Not open for further replies.

79LT1Monte

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
Moscow Mills, Missouri
Finally, the track is open and we get to go racing again. I just got my first run of the year in and on a cold track it went 14.220 in the 1/4 with a 2.03 60 foot time. Not that it's that impressive but it's a few tenths better than last year and I can still beat up most Mustangs, I'll take it :lol:

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
no time to post yet, but i was just wondering if u were running a stock lt1? j/c

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Our track T&T opens next Saturday & I can't wait. Hey 83Cutty, you just have to find somebody who knows how to set that Q-jet up for ya. They are far and away the best street carb. My Q-jet Cutty ran 110mph out the back door and was still rich.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
yeah i thoguht about rebuilding the q jet, but the one i have is pretty much shot. i just picked up a 650 holley built by one of our local carburetor guys for 170 bucks along with an edelbrock rpm intake

79LT1Monte

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
Moscow Mills, Missouri
83cut350chev said:
no time to post yet, but i was just wondering if u were running a stock lt1? j/c

Bone stock just reringed with a crank kit, trans has a shift kit and factory high stall converter.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
nice,thats an impressive time for stock!

coolchrisp

Apprentice
Nov 26, 2007
Grosse Ile, MI / Lima, OH
I went last friday with a bunch of my friends to Norwalk.

They were only running to the 330' mark because of water on the track, due to melting frost underground. So i made two passes to the 330' witch was kinda worthless, but it gave me some practice on the launch. I did get one 1/4 mile pass in and i ran a 12.55 at 107. my 60ft was a 1.81. i was happy with it, seeing as it was my first and only run in the car so far. I did not come off the converter, so i think i get some better 60fts for sure, and im hoping with some tuneing, i can get to high 11s and ill be happy with that.

here are some pictures, it was definitly a good time!

You can see the launches, she came up pretty good, i love how G bodys hook!

dsc0057112.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Picture082.jpg

dsc0057512.jpg

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Nice pics. I love Norwalk. I just ran my GN to a new best of 12.40 at 110 from a 1.85 60 foot. It seems rich but I think the good air helped. I am not much of a tuner and I am still trying to figure out this methanol/water injection. The methanol blackens your plugs & exhaust like its rich even though it may not be. Worse my daughter's dog chewed up the cable that plugs my lap top to the ADL so I don't want to take any fuel out blindly.

Your pics look like you are getting good weight transfer. My GN has the Eibach Pro springs that lower it 1" & 1.5" so its stiff but the Nittos seem to hook decent anyway and the converter seems to be just enough for this turbo with the short tire which may work to my advantage by not blowing away the tires.

What kind of setup do you have on the Monte?

coolchrisp

Apprentice
Nov 26, 2007
Grosse Ile, MI / Lima, OH
Vern said:
Nice pics. I love Norwalk. I just ran my GN to a new best of 12.40 at 110 from a 1.85 60 foot. It seems rich but I think the good air helped. I am not much of a tuner and I am still trying to figure out this methanol/water injection. The methanol blackens your plugs & exhaust like its rich even though it may not be. Worse my daughter's dog chewed up the cable that plugs my lap top to the ADL so I don't want to take any fuel out blindly.

Your pics look like you are getting good weight transfer. My GN has the Eibach Pro springs that lower it 1" & 1.5" so its stiff but the Nittos seem to hook decent anyway and the converter seems to be just enough for this turbo with the short tire which may work to my advantage by not blowing away the tires.

What kind of setup do you have on the Monte?

Suspension wise? It is original from 1980..haha I am very surprised how well it did hook. I have Mickey Thompson ET Streets, and with a nice burn out they hooked very well. But as for suspension, it is all stock, springs, they are monroe shocks, but to factory specs... I have a 3500 converter but it stalls around 4000, so im going to adjust my rear breaks out quite a bit to see if i can hold it back ...if not, time for a trans break. i really want to get to a high 1.6 60 foot, but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor