First Test & Tune of the Year/ Post your times

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolchrisp

Apprentice
Nov 26, 2007
Grosse Ile, MI / Lima, OH
Tony_SS said:
Chris - nice pics and results! I guess you're running the 7.5 rear? What gears?

Thanks! i was pretty happy with my time, being it my first time to the track with the car.
Yes its a stock 7.5 rear out of an 85 monte, it had factory 3.73's so i just put a spool in it.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Nice work - I'm a big fan of the car.. I liked watching the progress. What are the specs on the engine again? And do you have a weight on it?

coolchrisp

Apprentice
Nov 26, 2007
Grosse Ile, MI / Lima, OH
Tony_SS said:
Nice work - I'm a big fan of the car.. I liked watching the progress. What are the specs on the engine again? And do you have a weight on it?

Thanks alot, it has been a fun project so far and im really enjoying it.

The motor is a 383 with eagle crank and forged rods, flat top pistons. 64CC Dart Pro1 heads. Comp solid lifter cam .555 lift and 260 Dur. at .050". Victor Junior intake, slightly proted, but still not matched to the heads, and a holley 750 double pumper. its a pretty basic build, but still very fun. Im really hopeing to get high 11s by the end of the summer, all motor. If not, i will probly end up putting a 100 shot of nitrous on it.

Hopefully soon i will be getting some skinnys for the front, and some drag springs, and i might hit my goal of 1.6 60 foots if i can come off the converter.

I havent weighed it yet, but if sure its not far off from stock specs.

Thanks for the interest, its cool knowing SOMEONE out there likes it besides me, haha.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
really cool pictures and nice times as well. i wish i could drag my malibu but it's more a driver than anything else! congrats though great job!

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
"Coolchrisp" Sweeeeet pictures!! I like the ride. You have a bad Azzzzz Monte. I hope mine hooks as good as yours. I bet if you can lighten that Monte up as much as you can you could hit mid to high 11's easy with that combo. I have a very similar combo in my Monte now and I had a similar combo in my Prostreet S-10 that weighed 2910lbs without me in it and it's best time was 11.68. I'm hoping to get my Monte down to around 2900-3000 pounds. If you can afford it try some lighter wheels,lighter body parts, get rid of power steering,get alum radiator,put in lighter racing seats, take out anything under the hood not used or needed like air and heat stuff,get rid of wheel wells, get rid of sway bars if used mostly for straight line performance,also put battery in back for weight distribution. I'm using aluminum driveshaft also but that helps more for faster rev than weight. I also got lucky with my car. It already had an aluminum trunk and radiator support. It also has aluminum drums but I am taking them off because I am in the process of installing my Ford 9" As you can tell from my pic below that I have taken tons of weight of front already and have a lot more to do. Here is a pic of my Prostreet S-10 if interested.Good luck! I'll see in in the 11 sec bracket.
2487012_48.jpg

2487012_49_full.jpg

2487012_50.jpg

2487012_52.jpg

2487012_51.jpg

79LT1Monte

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
Moscow Mills, Missouri
Made it to the track again last night, nice cool evening air and my new drag radials I finally got into the 13's. 13.89 with a 1.98 60 foot. I know that's not too impressive compared to some other Gbody's on here. But for a stock LT1 I am happy with it, until my cam and valve springs get here anyway. :lol:

79LT1Monte

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
Moscow Mills, Missouri
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor