Flagman77 finally responds to all the great advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flagman77

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 24, 2016
I just want to thank everybody who responded to my post about my el camino. I read each and every one, followed your advice, and, well guess what? SHE RUNS!!! I finally got it to start and run, but i've still got a few issues im working on.
I'll tell ya, the day i got her to start and run, i couldnt help but shed a few tears. See, the car was a gift from my dad, who has now past away. To feel the sense of accomplishment i felt that day, priceless. Hell, got a few tears now. And the best part, i did it all on my own, with no help from anybody. Thats why its so special to me.
Anyway, thanks again for all the info.
Tony (Flagman77)

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Great story, Tony.
I hope you continue to make huge strides on the car. Keep us up to date on your progress.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Congrats. For regular posters, this kind of news is what makes answering the same questions over and over again well worth it!

By the way, if it's raining, it's not on fire!

• Agree

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
That's why we're here man. Between all the knowledgeable guys here, someone will no the answer. Be sure to update your thread with what was the fix. This will help someone down the line when they do the search feature.

• Agree

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I just want to thank everybody who responded to my post about my el camino. I read each and every one, followed your advice, and, well guess what? SHE RUNS!!! I finally got it to start and run, but i've still got a few issues im working on.
I'll tell ya, the day i got her to start and run, i couldnt help but shed a few tears. See, the car was a gift from my dad, who has now past away. To feel the sense of accomplishment i felt that day, priceless. Hell, got a few tears now. And the best part, i did it all on my own, with no help from anybody. Thats why its so special to me.
Anyway, thanks again for all the info.
Tony (Flagman77)

Glad to hear you got it running. I kinda know how you feel. My dad passed away a few months ago. He had an old Ford pickup. I'm not a Ford guy but I like that truck just because it was his. Mom is keeping the truck to haul firewood on. If it breaks down, I'll fix it. I'll keep that old truck going as long as I can.

Hopefully we can help you straighten out the other issues you're having . Good luck on your project.

Reactions: 1 user

Collector

Apprentice
Aug 28, 2011
Hoofddorp,Netherlands,Europe
Same here, i have the car my father always wanted but couldn't get his hands on, and i am restoring and customizing it the way we always spoke of.
It is going to take forever to finish i know, because parts in the Netherlands are nowhere to be found and being its a '79 doesn't help either.
Some day i will finish this car and cruise around with my fathers spirit in the passengers seat listening to the rumble of the v8.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor