For you Florida guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

thor4sur

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2007
P.C. Fl.
Hi; I'm moving to Panama City area soon. I been told there is no state inspection on cars but the local police will stop you . I currently have shorty headers that feed a set of duals without any sort of crossover and Raven mufflers . It's a little loud and rappy ( less than glasspacks ) but in 6-7 years in Pa. I've never been stopped for noise . Yea i'm a old fart and dont go hot rodding around , the car is just for crusing on weekends and car shows . What has been your experiance ? Shoulid I make it quietier before I move?

The car is registerd and titled in Pa. as a classic which is a permanent registration .I dont know if that would affect it .

Thanks for any info.

Bill

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Bill,
You're fine as far as noise level. I see a lot of off-road pickups and hot rods with loud exhaust. I don't think you'll have any trouble.
It's all up to you as far as how loud you want the car. I mean, I wouldn't run around with open headers. I'm sure they'll nail you for that.
I guess after this last winter you've had enough of the ice and snow... I don't blame you.

Good luck with your move. It's nice to be able to drive your car all year round. :)

knowyourenemy66

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2011
Panama City, Florida
I live in Panama City, Fl. There is no state inspection here. I'm an old fart too(48) and don't raise hell either. The local cops here leave you alone as long as you don't act like a teenager behind the wheel. I run headers through 2 1/2" dynaflow mufflers without a problem. I have owned many bikes with open exhaust with no problems. I have lived here since '97 and have never received or heard of anyone receiving a ticket for loud exhaust. Come on down and enjoy the sunshine! Check out Friday Fest, local car shows and our local (45 minute drive) dragstrip Breakaway. Good luck with the move! 8)

thor4sur

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2007
P.C. Fl.
Thanks Guys !!!!! It looks like I'll be getting down there sometime mid - late aug . So we will see you around !

Jack , 18 storms 77 inches of snow is Enough !!!! add an ice storm with 1/2 "of ice on top of 10 inches of snow .We lost a 78 ford pickup and had damage to the malibu due to branches and trees down ! Just too much to shovel !

Thanks again , Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor