front speakers help

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Recently I've been looking online and asking on Facebook asking about which brands work but getting limited answers. So i came here. I want to go with these CS kickers. Has anyone else used them? How do they fit? Or what do you suggest that does fit and sound really good? Really need help on this. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646CC354/Kicker-46CSC354.html

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
are you wanting to replace the speakers across the top of the dash ?
the magnets on these appear too deep for the dash area.

Reactions: 1 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
are you wanting to replace the speakers across the top of the dash ?
the magnets on these appear too deep for the dash area.
Yes. Mine are shot and i can't find any direct replacements. Mine only had the two corner ones. Delete plate in the middle. just been searching the last week or more. Getting real Cold here in Michigan and the dash is ready to go back in the car

Str8sixfan

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2022
Yes. Mine are shot and i can't find any direct replacements. Mine only had the two corner ones. Delete plate in the middle. just been searching the last week or more. Getting real Cold here in Michigan and the dash is ready to go back in the car
I honestly think just about any 3.5" speakers would work. Here's a video I did when I had my dash out and was replacing the speakers (it's a pain BTW).

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I went a different route, when I was doing my interior in the Monte and making my upper door panels, I made a spot for a 6.5" component speaker and put the tweeters where the old 3.5" dash ones were.

IMG_0897.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
not all 3.5's will fit,I bought some kickers that were sweet but the mag size wouldn't allow it to fit

• Agree

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Got mine mocked up, a bit tight on the Pass side next to the Vent but fits fine for me. Yay!

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
My Cutlass only had the dash speakers originally. While I had the interior partially out to repair the headliner, I went ahead and ran wires along the rocker wire channel and behind the rear seat, then added these to the rear deck:
Not gonna win any audio contests, but they serve my purposes well. I had to space them down a little to keep the tweeters from hitting the grilles in the package tray (it was in good shape and I didn't want to cut it). The worst part was crawling my fat *ss up in the trunk to bolt them in.

Reactions: 1 user

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
My Cutlass only had the dash speakers originally. While I had the interior partially out to repair the headliner, I went ahead and ran wires along the rocker wire channel and behind the rear seat, then added these to the rear deck:
Not gonna win any audio contests, but they serve my purposes well. I had to space them down a little to keep the tweeters from hitting the grilles in the package tray (it was in good shape and I didn't want to cut it). The worst part was crawling my fat *ss up in the trunk to bolt them in.
oh nice, i decided on the KS series Kickers, and got them on the way, in the mean time i am trying to locate a rear un-cut speaker harness. M&H Electric is out 20 weeks for made-to-order reproductions

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor