Fuel Injection tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibuSSwagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 20, 2008
Weare, NH
The thing is the wagon has a spare tire well under the cargo floor behind the rear axle, which means there is only room for the square tank next to it.

I am going to go with the GN/4.3L MC pickup assembly, I know of a local u-pull with a 4.3 TBI monte.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
RITTER said:
It may take a little customizing but it shouldn't be too difficult. That way it will be easier to purchase parts for you swap too.

yea when i go to buy parts or anything it will be mostly the same and not a frankeinstin car

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
malibuSSwagon said:
The thing is the wagon has a spare tire well under the cargo floor behind the rear axle, which means there is only room for the square tank next to it.

I am going to go with the GN/4.3L MC pickup assembly, I know of a local u-pull with a 4.3 TBI monte.
TBI pump won't work for a TPI setup. TBI only needed about 12 psi, less than 1/3 of what you need for a TPI.

Bill

malibuSSwagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 20, 2008
Weare, NH
billyjack said:
malibuSSwagon said:

TBI pump won't work for a TPI setup. TBI only needed about 12 psi, less than 1/3 of what you need for a TPI.

Bill

Yes but I am quite sure that I can swap a high pressure pump in place of the TBI pump

mike007

n00b
Jul 24, 2011
I agree with Ritter, it would be good just to make an F-Body tank. That way you could use the in-tank pump assembly for a tuned port.... it's good :D

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
87montecarlomrc said:
i have a 87 ss monte carlo so when i put tpi in my car i can use the stock tank i just have to get a sending unit from a fuel injected car?

Since you have a G-body I would buy a replacement Grand National or even the fuel tank from a 4.3L TBI Monte. They are baffled and already setup for EFI.

Some other's mentioned modifying an F-body tank but if your working with a G-body, why go to all that trouble when there are already fuel tanks readily available that will bolt-in?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Wagon tanks are totally different than 2 door/4door and Elky tanks. There is no way anything other than a wagon tank would fit, unless you lost the spare tire well, and used and Elky tank.

I modified my tank for an internal sump, and to run a double pumper, or 2 pumps on one hanger. I tried just sumping the tank (Comp Engineering Sump), but anything under 1/4 tank, while braking of turning, would cause the pump to suck air and the car to stall. My tank mods were extreme, the can be seen on my cardomain page or build-up thread. The is another option, tanksinc sells a pump set-up, that is separate than your sender. Many over on the Pro touring and lateral-g forums claim to have had luck.

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/p...category_id=61/home_id=61/mode=prod/prd84.htm Check it out.

Here is a quick install log with pictures
http://www.thedetailzone.com/Tanks Fuel Pump Install.htm

Hope that helps

Sicmu355

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 8, 2011
I used a mid 90's S-10 sender with the screw on fittings since the tpi is higher pressure and used nylon fuel line with appropriate fittings i had to lengthen it with rubber fuel hose so the pump would reach the bottem of the tank . I used the malibu fuel level gauge and clamped it to the return line where the stock level sensor would be. The only down side to this was the s-10 senderis slightly taller than stock and therefore hits the floorpani had to use longer bolts for my straps to reach. Hope this helps but the S-10 sender fits perfect in the hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor