HELP Fuel tank strap hardware specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Hey guys, would any of y'all have or know the size of the bolts/nuts that fasten the front side of the tank straps?

I pulled a bolt/nut from the rear side of the strap at a yard recently, but Pull A Part mounts the cars on the tank, and getting a front bolt out was tough to get to as well as unsafe.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sent you the specs you needed Scott.
:)

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
share the knowledge with me lol that's my next step and I'm known for misplacing hardware lol

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
share the knowledge with me lol that's my next step and I'm known for misplacing hardware lol
Haha, the rear bolt and nut combo is a metric flange head measuring M8-1.25x75
Most places only have a 70 (too short for proper thread engagement) or 80mm long. I will get the 80mm length and stack a few washers to take up the 5mm difference if needed.

Donovan sent me a pic of the front side strap bolt. From the info he gave me I determined it's an M10-1.5x45mm bolt going through a threaded U clip similar to our fender hardware.
IMG_3936.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Haha, the rear bolt and nut combo is a metric flange head measuring M8-1.25x75
Most places only have a 70 (too short for proper thread engagement) or 80mm long. I will get the 80mm length and stack a few washers to take up the 5mm difference if needed.

Donovan sent me a pic of the front side strap bolt. From the info he gave me I determined it's an M10-1.5x45mm bolt going through a threaded U clip similar to our fender hardware. View attachment 82701

Your the man! Thanks

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Well it goes without saying Donovan is in a class of his own.. not a mere mortal like us!

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I’m always happy to help anyone out that I can. Alls ya gotta do is ask!
Immortality notwithstanding...
:sneaky:

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor