CUTLASS Get Them While You Can. Inflation Is Everywhere

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Unobtanium parts are getting out of hand. For a mere $1300 total...

86-88 Cutlass Salon/Supreme/Sup. Classic.

The mate to go with it with TH200-4R. Weird how the lens area seems a bit scratched up. Needs a little plastic polish on it.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
It's not inflation, it is greed. And not just our old cars. I play with old outboard motors, old motorcycles, lots of junk. Things are getting scarce, and people are asking what they think they can get away with. Most of the time I can chew them down a lot. Some people would rather keep it forever rather than cut a deal.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Atleast those are new/NOS. I've seen "slightly" used parts for way more. In the end if someone wants them bad enough...

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
People's been asking $10K (yeah) for used 69 H/O intakes, and 400/455 D heads in the $5-7K range. Asking prices. But even if you got 50% of that, $7500 for a set of heads and intake is still a heck of a lot.

The parts supply is dwindling fast. The point is, when people WANT to restore G-bodies to factory specs, which is usually not done, the genuine NOS or new parts aren't available or super scarce. So the ones that are available get all the cheese. The sad part is, the reproduction companies really suck at making the parts in the detail needed to pass muster. At least make them FIT FFS. Maybe it's just me, but when you have to modify a replacement part to fit properly, it kinda defeats the purpose of spending the coin in the first place.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor