Grinding and squeeking noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
This morning as I was leaving my house and my car started making this horrible grinding and squeeking noise when I drove over ten mph it's not the brakes had those done a few months ago and it happened before I touched the brakes. The weirdest part is I was driving and trying to figure out what exactly it was and then it stopped.has Anybody had this problem before any help is appreciated thanks

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
maybe a wheel bearing, jack up the front end and find out

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I had a bad wheel bearing on my old '89 Firebird and it would do the same thing. Sometimes it would be loud and nasty sounding. Sometimes it wouldn't make any noise at all :?

When you had your brakes done, what was all done :?: Just new pads :?:

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Crapple21 said:
Checked the bearings and they were fine there was no play in the wheels at all and it hasn't done the noise since so I don't know what it was could it have been something that bounced up under my car and was stuck on something like a stick or something?
The only way there would be "play" in the wheel, with a bad bearing, is if everything fell apart in there. You need to remove the rotors and actually inspect the bearings. Or just go spend $15 for new bearings and seals and eliminate what should have been done at the same time as the brake job :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor