Guess my dad just said screw it new motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey78

Apprentice
Oct 3, 2014
Topeka Kansas
I have mastered the art of rebuild quadrajet lol my original quad on my 305 had a cracked/warped body and it took 3 Rochester quads and a scrap olds 307 quadrajet to make on working carb lol
And a majority of those carbs were extremely corroded took two large cans of carb cleaner

Casey78

Apprentice
Oct 3, 2014
Topeka Kansas
e1160e31230248f45403ce290fdc15e1.jpg
if I ever wanted to use the high rise intake couldn't I be able to put the hood on my car off our wagon?

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Casey78 said:
e1160e31230248f45403ce290fdc15e1.jpg
if I ever wanted to use the high rise intake couldn't I be able to put the hood on my car off our wagon?
Yes. Unless you're spending most of your time past 5000rpm when driving you wont benifit of it! Unless the entire engine is built for a specific heads cam intake carb and exhaust combo, you wont even see gains using the highrise intake versus the dual plane performer rpm..

High rise single plane intakes are for race engines. Using it on a not purpose built race engine will not give you more power. Quite the contrary.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
:shock: Ummm I would be finding out wtf that is in the oil pan. Sunrey is a chinese brand, im pretty sure they use Eagle parts or Eagle uses Sunrey parts.

Casey78

Apprentice
Oct 3, 2014
Topeka Kansas
-83MONTESS- said:
:shock: Ummm I would be finding out wtf that is in the oil pan. Sunrey is a chinese brand, im pretty sure they use Eagle parts or Eagle uses Sunrey parts.
We aren't really worried about the block its bored .30 over and all we really paid for was heads an a camshaft the guy originally said 2500$ but my dad texted the guy and immediately asked if we would pay 1300$ for it and then started asking if we wanted random parts too like a clutch plate for an m21 Muncie lol we got an awesome deal on the motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor