heavy duty easy off works

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
i got a can of heavy duty easy off last night and i must say i am impressed. while it cant be used on aluminum, chrome, painted surfaces...it does a great job removing nasty stuff off iron.

i cleaned a cap to a cadillac rod.

ok, that was easy, the rod isnt THAT dirty. then i remembered the dirtball SBC i have mothballed currently. i took a cap off a rod and cleaned it. IT was nasty. it cleaned it just as easily.

the heavy duty stuff has a corrosive warning on the back, the regular stuff didn't so i didnt bother with the regular can. it works well and not bad for 4 bucks.

Attachments

• 130427_002.jpg
    130427_002.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 365
  • 130427_001.jpg
    130427_001.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 354

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I use this stuff on anything I get that is aluminum and has been anodized, it strips off the coating pretty well so I can polish the part.

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
I've used it to degrease engine blocks when I didn't want to pay the cost of getting it dipped. It works pretty well. It is pretty rough on aluminum. For aluminum heads, I use mineral spirits in a pan, and scrub it with a bristle brush. Its works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor