How accurate is Comp Cams Cam Quest 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
How accurate is Comp Cams Cam Quest? Little skeptic on how accurate it is after I inputted my engine info and I was well over 500hp.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
Its not great. Unless you have SBC or BBC, most of them are usually way off.

I use a free one called Dyno2000 and its not bad. Don't take the number to heart, but its a decent way to figure out which was to go. The more info you put in, the better the output. It takes things like flow numbers, cam profile, compression, etc into account.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
I just Downloaded engine Dyno 2000 and the results were close. Looks like with the AFR heads, cam and intake my ZZ4 will be over 500hp :D !

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Put in all the specs for my 330, and it gave me 508.3hp at 6500, 458.5 ft, lbs. at 5000.
Avg HP 290.9 and Avg. TQ 276.7
Car Craft or one of the moagazines tested the program with specs of a motor they already had physically dynied, and I think they came out with, on their application, CamQuest was about 20 hp and tq positive. They were happy with it.

Don't know realistically what to expect, but it's cool to play with. Who knows, but like I said, fun to play with.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
They must have updated it. I don't remember CamQuest looking like that. Guess its been a few years since I've used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor