How rare is a 1978 Regal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEAN78REGAL

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2010
Yeah, while the 78 may not be a typical classic collector car, I think that's what I enjoy about it the most. It's not typical. You don't go to a car show and run into 50 others that look the same with just different paint and wheel combos. I think that I will definitely be keeping her for awhile. And who knows? Maybe the value will go up as the years continue to roll by.

ponchoman49

Apprentice
May 27, 2009
NY
I would have to look at production numbers but I'm sure 1978 had lower production than 79 or 80 because it was the first year that the new downsized model came out and many buyers resisted the change. 1978 was also the only year that 49 state cars came with the Chevy 305 2 or 4BBL V8 option while 79-80 had 301 Pontiac V8 options and 80-81 had the smaller 265 2 BBL.

pfcvdv

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2010
Noord holland, the netherlands
I live in Holland where american muscle is very rare and i think there are
about 5 regals in the whole country including our Jan. 1979 regal.
1 time i saw a regal turbo in a yunkyard 1 week after we bought ours.
I nver seen a 1980 and later Gbody vehicle.

VADER1978

n00b
May 14, 2010
Leesburg, Florida
they are rare and I'm am one of the lucky few who owns an original 78 Buick regal sport coupe T-Type with Power bucket seats center console W/shifter and T-tops its my second regal the first was a 79 two tone silver top with black and ivory interior I installed a 87 TPI with a 5sdp will post pics. for those who have'em keep'em I like being exclusive at car shows. 8)

MEAN78REGAL

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2010
I just attended the Buick Club of America show in Ames, IA recently and only spotted ONE 1978 Buick Regal present. It was the 3.8V6 turbo sport coupe. Maroon with white leather interior. Absolutely beautiful but the only one. Sad to see there wasn't more 78's there. Have to say that the Grand National seems to be more common.... :(

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
Mean78Regal, There is a guy I sold a 8.5 rear end to in Omaha, Neb on here that has a early regal. He's still working on it last I heard. That was a little over a year ago. I believe he goes by Supercrackerbox on here. Funny thing is we met in Ames, Iowa to complete the sale. I am originally from Ames and was going there to visit relatives.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
only one I have ever seen in person is at a local junk yard there is a 78 turbo regal that I scored the rear sway bar off of when I had my wagon

MEAN78REGAL

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2010
Cool Safari Wagon. Yeah I just haven't seen 78's hardly at all. And even though I love them so much, I am actually beginning to think about getting a different G body or something else completely. Just beginning to lose interest :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor