Hurst seat covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
80-82 came with Dark Blue (26)
83-84 came with Dark Royal Blue (22) Has a grayish tint to it
85-88 came with Dark Blue (27), close to 80-82 but a little darker.

I've seen and sat in Jim H. 's 1984 Hurst (poster above), the seat buns are very hard compared to the NOS buckets I have, seats look nice though.
The material is much different than the original's and is not spot on, it's thicker, has a shine to it and the color is not a dead match but close.
The only thing spot on about those covers is the stitch pattern...
Overall they're good replacements for refurbishing, avoid if you're looking for a restoration.
The word restoration get's thrown around a little loosely...

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
refurbish [riːˈfɜːbɪʃ]
vb
(tr) to make neat, clean, or complete, as by renovating, re-equipping, or restoring
refurbishing , refurbishment n
restoration [ˌrɛstəˈreɪʃən]
n
1. the act of restoring or state of being restored, as to a former or original condition, place, etc

Refurbish is restoring. I take it they are restoration quality. :p

Seat material use to be a lot more readily available. We would remove damaged piece(torn or worn) & replace with new material. Use a UV light to age the area to match. (refurbish)

It's easy to set back & knock something. It isn't so easy to travel 12 + hours each way.Set down with a manufacturer & try to get the best possible matching colors on the market. Agree to spend $ up front & buy something.

Mike you always have a way of complementing something & then knocking at the end of your comments. I see how you feel in your post when your selling your seat covers as these are "crappy aftermarket units"? Now you have a Hi dollar set of them for sale, coincidence.

We got the closest match possible for a piece of material that was original & didn't have 30 years of UV light. We did this to save the cars out there.
Yeah that isn't even close. I wouldn't call that a restoration piece. Buy Mike's NOS units.

Attachments

• HOSeatcovers8384%20005.jpg
    HOSeatcovers8384%20005.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 523

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
ChadF said:
avoid if you're looking for a restoration
The options are pretty limited. I have never seen NOS seats for sale.

That Blue set that 88HurstOlds has were for sale by a guy in Illinios. At the time he only wanted 800$ for the entire set.

I thought about grabbing them and putting them in my car. Obviously you can make a ton more money parting them out.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Bweavy said:
refurbish [riːˈfɜːbɪʃ]
vb
(tr) to make neat, clean, or complete, as by renovating, re-equipping, or restoring
refurbishing , refurbishment n
restoration [ˌrɛstəˈreɪʃən]
n
1. the act of restoring or state of being restored, as to a former or original condition, place, etc

Refurbish is restoring. I take it they are restoration quality. :p

Seat material use to be a lot more readily available. We would remove damaged piece(torn or worn) & replace with new material. Use a UV light to age the area to match. (refurbish)

It's easy to set back & knock something. It isn't so easy to travel 12 + hours each way.Set down with a manufacturer & try to get the best possible matching colors on the market. Agree to spend $ up front & buy something.

Mike you always have a way of complementing something & then knocking at the end of your comments. I see how you feel in your post when your selling your seat covers as these are "crappy aftermarket units"? Now you have a Hi dollar set of them for sale, coincidence.

We got the closest match possible for a piece of material that was original & didn't have 30 years of UV light. We did this to save the cars out there.
Yeah that isn't even close. I wouldn't call that a restoration piece. Buy Mike's NOS units.

The quality of our products will continue to increase in order to prove him wrong, not that we would intend on cheapening the quality of our products in the first place. My ProEFX custom accessory product is not cheapened either.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
tobyp said:
ChadF said:
avoid if you're looking for a restoration
The options are pretty limited. I have never seen NOS seats for sale.

That Blue set that 88HurstOlds has were for sale by a guy in Illinios. At the time he only wanted 800$ for the entire set.

I thought about grabbing them and putting them in my car. Obviously you can make a ton more money parting them out.
And I'll be putting the 87 covers to good use... :D

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
wonderboy24 said:
yah those do look nice,how hard was it to change them.i am going to be ordering a black set for front and back.

Back seats easy!

If you are placing new buns in...little difficult. Old buns no problem, just get teh right tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor