I need a new Ribbon

Aug 25, 2023
So, I'm not the best at wiring, I've tried and it's not my thing, but I've got an 85 Monte Carlo SS in the shop and they said that I need a new ribbon, but no matter how I word it, search it up or anything I can't seem to find what they are describing. They said it's like a circuit board but it's not, and then they told me something else like it's got like a rubber around it with a metal brass kinda backing and they get cooked easily, so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Either with a picture or even a link to the part. Its just I've gotten so far with the car with money and everything, and they said if they don't put a new ribbon in my headlights will still flicker and burn up the new harness to them

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
I am very confused about what your talking about ?
at first I thought the circuit board that's part of the gauge cluster ?
and then headlights ?
can you post pictures of this part ? or location of it in the car ?

is this car originally North American market ? or is it a European export ?

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
We call it a printed circuit board on the back of the dash that provides the circuitry to dash lights, gauges and war
ning indicators

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Like this?

IMPORTANT NOTE:

NOTE: Because of the vast range of different printed circuits used in 78-88, please verify you are ordering the correct unit by using the GM number imprinted on your original circuit before ordering. This reproduction is of 25016702.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
According to the parts information, it appears your printed circuit should have 25016702 stamped on it. So yeah, it SHOULD work.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor