I need some direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

redboy504

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2010
New Orleans, LA
I'm doing a total resto on my 86 Cutlass Salon with T-Tops. It's my first resto. I've been a car audio guy for years, so the customization comes easy to me. The car has a custom speaker box in the trunk for four 12 in. woofers and custom door panels with 1 8in. woofer and 3 sets of 6.5 components in each door. But it doesn't even have an engine yet. I'm all over the place. It's suspension one day engine the next and audio the day after that. Im new to the rest of this stuff, but I'm good with my hands and ssome tools. I took out the engine and transmission myself with no experience. What I'm asking is what order should I go in? Should I start from the bottom and work my way up. Frame first, then suspension, engine next then body work. And finish up with the customization and interior. Gimme some ideas.

rIbBaD

Greasemonkey
Apr 10, 2010
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I'd say frame first, then whatever else you'd like, However Engine I'd say it pretty important before the suspension, depending on what you're dropping in if you're doing suspension first your car might sag with the enginer you put in it, or it might look to high.

redboy504

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2010
New Orleans, LA
Pretty sure I'm going with a 455 and th400 transmission. For the suspension I'm planning on air bags.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
unless it's a frame off resto, my style is engine and drivetrain first, then suspension, then interior and audio, then paint in that order. I honestly would never dump any money into the audio until it was running and driving in case something unexpected happens

redboy504

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2010
New Orleans, LA
I haven't really spent any money on the audio. Just minor things, but everything I've done can be swapped over to another car in about 30 mins or so. Speaker boxes just pull in and out.

johnny79

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2009
DC
If you have no drivetrain, take that thing off the frame and make it a show car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor