I think it went a little wrong....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carsten

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2009
DORTMUND , Germany
.. with my 350 engine ! I have a 350 chevy engine in my Olds Cutlass. It should be an engine out of a 71/72 Corvette with about standard 350hp. Now the problem , engine code on the block is that bad , that you have no chance to read or identify it... Only point is the suffix stamped on the passengers side into the block , it is VK . Can not find anything abot that suffix...
So, engine had a Holley dual plane manifold on , with an adapter to fit the holley 600cfm carb.. ??? Engine had no power over 5000rpm, i thought of ignition problems.. Changed to complete ACCEL HEI coil,cap,wires,sparks and a MSD HEI module. Nothing, but starts much better and runs smoother.
So i changed carb to a 750 Holley , put it on right out of the box , checked float level and so on. Works very very good over 5000 up to 6000..
Now i did the next change , put on a single plane Weiand intake manifold.. Hmm , Was not the best idea i think , manifold works from 2500 up , but stall is about 2000 :-(
Has anyone an idea what can bring me to identify my engine ? Maybe now it is the problem , that i put parts on it , thinking it is that kind of engine , but it is maybe not... It has 1 to 1,52 CompCams rockers on it and maybe a CompCams cam in it (so said the guy i bought the car of),very rough at idle , had to set it at 1000rpm. Has solid lifters , too.
So anything woul help , to find out what it could be.
Thanks...

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
well if ya cant get a wire brush to clean it up, what the csi's do to get a ground down # off a weapon is grind it flat and use a harsh acid to eat the softer non stamped metal. im not sure if this would work because i think the # is cast to the block not stamped. other wise yer gonna have to take out the micrometer and start measuring.

Carsten

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2009
DORTMUND , Germany
Cast

beermonkey9417 said:
well if ya cant get a wire brush to clean it up, what the csi's do to get a ground down # off a weapon is grind it flat and use a harsh acid to eat the softer non stamped metal. im not sure if this would work because i think the # is cast to the block not stamped. other wise yer gonna have to take out the micrometer and start measuring.
The cast is that bad , that you can not read the numbers clearly.. I will try to find out any cast numbers and informations on the engine block and the head casting codes.
The problem is , that i can not find out anything about the suffix code " VK " !?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor