if you needed anything that was impossible to find??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Blazenlotus said:
The rubber or fiberglass fillers that go around the bumpers.

They are in production now made of the same material to insure the proper fit.

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
x2 on cutlass euro front clip parts, bucket seat parts, bigger factory looking wheels, non a/c heater parts if it hasn't been mentioned

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Blazenlotus said:
tobyp said:
Blazenlotus said:
The rubber or fiberglass fillers that go around the bumpers.

They are in production now made of the same material to insure the proper fit.

Where can they be found at?

Sorry, the tool is in production. I will know more after my trip in April, We should have prototypes soon.

Highwood Malibu

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2011
Calgary Alberta Canada
hotwheelsboy28 said:
How about the b pillar post covers for the malibu landau top cars they are plastic and cant find them anywhere in good shape with nice factory decals.
X2

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I'm thinking Cutlass/442 here

Interior parts in general. On the 442 door panels there is chrome trim that separates the cloth from the vinyl. This plastic chrome plating always cracks and peels. I haven't found anybody remaking the upper panels yet.

X2 on 87ttop's post about the Grey 442 dash and console inserts. Custom Lightning Rod console plate in same grey would be cool.

The clear plastic cover for the Speedo and Tach cluster WITHOUT the trip od hole in it.

ALL the exterior window and door trim that dulls and gets dented over time.

Taillights - all years

Plastic reverse light housings

The dash A/C vents

Come to think of it, just about any plastic piece on the vehicle. After 20+ years it all looks crappy.

Hutch

rlsllc

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2007
Ohio
Manual trans steering column, tilt, with the wiper switch and cruise on the stalk. I would think this would be more of a reman or something rather than a new build, though. Maybe build them from a more common one, like from a C/K truck, and include a jeep style shaft as a bonus?

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Toby, I've recently arrived on a part that desperately needs aftermarket support...

long story short, for a couple of years now the posi in my 8.5 10bolt has been getting slippy. Last summer I started doing to research to rebuild it during this coming summer. The whole unit is fine, it's just the clutches that need replacing.

the OEMs use a Eaton posi unit with an S-Spring clutch system. The new Eaton units use a coil spring & plate system. The components are not interchangeable.

after a few months of researching and asking questions, I discovered that GM discontinued their reproduction of these clutch packs. I suppose many aftermarket suppliers bought out the remaining stock, but have all run out. After a couple months of calling around, I've come to a dead end...

All other parts for this OEM Eaton unit are available, spider gears, thrust washers, pins, S-spring, etc... Just the clutch packs are missing.

they are very similar to the new style, but not the same.
the old style use "Square Ears
p113372_image_large.jpg

46120.jpg

the new style use "Round Ears"
F31707999.jpg

rsgd60tlckDana%2060%20Trac-Loc%20Clutchs.jpg

I've asked around to a few dealers. Suppliers like Randy at ringpinion.com and Nitro-Gear.com did manufacture these for a short while after they were discontinued from GM, so this tells me these are possible to make.I know GbodyParts.com carries the S-spring, the pins, and other components for these Eatons, but they have also run out of stock of these clutch packs.

As these 8.5s are so popular, so strong, I imagine there is a huge need for service parts for these units. And we are at a dead end with the clutch pack.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
khan, try http://www.iwerearendsonly.com/

I got my parts for my 8.2 from them and they are nice to deal with. They bought out the parts from GM and the parts I bought were in the original GM packaging. You might also want to get a new S spring..

the part numbers are... clutch pack: GM # 231127 ...S spring: GM # 231260

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor