Not open for further replies.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Blake442 said:
Looks like a good project!

Please throw the moon discs in the trash... :lol:

Thanks,believe me, I'm going to. I don't like them. They were just already on there and I haven't taken them off yet. I'll prolly just put the s10 beauty rings and centers on, they gotta be better than the discs. LOL

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
84sscutty said:
Longroof, your bumpers are actually my inspiration for wanting them but I will probably pay someone to do it so that they wont need any major touchups when they go for rechroming. I have a few ideas in my head on the tag pocket, I just have to get them down on paper, but I'm no artist. I'd definitely be interested in seeing that pic.
Hey, you can't blame for the try on the bumpers, I know you had work into them, I read up on it on your thread. It was a big payoff though. I think the fit is perfect.
Thank you J.L..
I was also inspired by other guys cars, so it wasn't like it was an original idea.Besides I hated the bumper fillers. Chroming my bumpers would have needed quite a bit of "touching up" in order to make them "chrome-worthy". I think chroming them would still be the ultimate look. I have also thought about chrome paint. It probably wouldn't have needed the same amount of finish work. I ended up using All Metal after grinding, welding, etc. It's more work than what meets the eye. I'd be more than happy to discuss the details.
Here's a pic of Meloelky's bumpers. Notice the tag pocket done on the front bumper. He did a nice job on it.
001-1_zps3593f7ce.jpg

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You guys don't like the moon discs? :lol: I admit, it is a "dated" look, but I think they're kinda cool. I guess it takes me back to a different time when moon discs were the cats pajamas. They were popular on salt flat cars.
Here's a pic of one of the cars that inspired my decision to narrow and tuck my bumpers
DSC00696-1.jpg

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Longroof79 said:
You guys don't like the moon discs? :lol: I admit, it is a "dated" look, but I think they're kinda cool. I guess it takes me back to a different time when moon discs were the cats pajamas. They were popular on salt flat cars.

Pay for shipping and you can have em. I have no need for them.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
84sscutty said:
Longroof79 said:

Pay for shipping and you can have em. I have no need for them.
Thanks! I might take you up on it. :lol: I don't think I would use 'em on my car.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
DRIVEN said:
Tell us a little more about the 327.

It is a 1964 327 out of a 1964 Impala. Nothing wrong with it when pulled but the car was junk. In the end, I got paid to take it away. Anyways, it has been bored 40 over. It has a balanced rotating assembly(forged crank), flat top hypereutectic pistons, Lunati VooDoo cam, Lunati VooDoo roller rockers, Weiand intake(Air-Gap), mildly worked over 062 vortec heads machined for higher lift, screw in studs, a lil milled off for compression, HV oil pump, 7 qt. pan, and a QFT 650 DP to top it off. It's not a monster but it should be fun to drive on the street with a t56 and 410 gear out back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IKdzn1el_Y

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You're putting together a really fun combination. You may not need that much rear gear. What's the 1st gear ratio on your T56?

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
DRIVEN said:
You're putting together a really fun combination. You may not need that much rear gear. What's the 1st gear ratio on your T56?

If I'm not mistaken, it has 2.66 first gear. I'll have to double check the tag.

1st--2.66
2nd--1.78
3rd--1.30
4th--1.00
5th--0.74
6th--0.50
Rev--2.90

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor