I'M BACK and with a new horse in the stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Do the back windows not roll down? I thought I saw a PW switch on the first page in you car but can't see a crank or switch on the Pontiac.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I thought it was a PW switch as well until I focused in a little closer. It's a power door lock switch.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yes, they only had the power or manual vents open.. No roll down rear windows, unfortunately. If they did roll down, the travel would be limited to the contour of the wheel house.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
DRIVEN said:
Do the back windows not roll down? I thought I saw a PW switch on the first page in you car but can't see a crank or switch on the Pontiac.

I have recently read somewhere that the 4 door bonneville rear windows roll down but not sure about if the door will fit a wagon, or if there is any truth to it. I may look into it. It'd be awesome to have rear windows that roll down even if only half way.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Hopefully I'll be back on my wagon by the end of the month after running into so much trouble on my buddies truck. I think it'll be sorted out in a couple of weeks at most. All I know is that I'm ready to get wrenchin on my stuff for a change. I WILL be driving it this spring or summer.

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
84sscutty said:
DRIVEN said:

I have recently read somewhere that the 4 door bonneville rear windows roll down but not sure about if the door will fit a wagon, or if there is any truth to it. I may look into it. It'd be awesome to have rear windows that roll down even if only half way.

G body 4 door styles did not have roll-down windows.

I've often thought about fabricating a set-up using doors from another similar-sized sedan, but it has never made it to the top of my project list.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The problem is that the front of the lower door shell is rearward of the front edge of the glass. There is literally nowhere for the door glass to go down more than a inch or two. Just look at the front of the door with it open, it's pretty obvious why they don't roll down.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Wow, been a while huh. I decided today that I was gonna revive my thread so I had it unlocked. No updates today but hopefully I'll have some in the coming days since I have the whole week off work.
I'll be getting the car out of the corner to prepare to drop a temporary drive train in until I have my spare/builder frame setup how I want. For now, I'll be using a tbi 350 with howards cam, air gap intake, and qft-600 vs slayer backed by a fresh t5 and an 8.5 with 3.73's. By the summer this engine will have vortec heads, F.I.R.S.T. intake, and controlled by a 0411 pcm, vortec distributor and vortec timing cover.
I guess I can at least post a pic of the engine. Here are the plugs that I pulled out of it. It has less than 500 miles so I hope it just needs a lil carb tuning and some hotter spark, those parts came in today. Pertronix coil and ignition module, MSD wires, and a recurve kit. I'll also be swapping to a NGK plug.
20151111_172613.jpg
20151111_172551.jpg
20151111_172551.jpg
20151111_172613.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor