Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 88hurstolds

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Okay, I gotcha. I think I follow the system now. Thanks for explaining that.
No worries, you're welcome.

I'm sure many others were thinking and wondering the same thing, and, I wouldnt be surprised if it pops up a few more times through the year as well.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
That does beg the question of when December rolls around, seems there is going to be a conflict since December voting for December ends at the end of December and the December winner will be featured all of January, but the GBOTY will also be featured for January...

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
That does beg the question of when December rolls around, seems there is going to be a conflict since December voting for December ends at the end of December and the December winner will be featured all of January, but the GBOTY will also be featured for January...
I've been giving thoughts to that.

The *likeliest* solution is voting for December happens in mid-december before the holidays, wrapped up around the 14th.

To the extent we try to incorporate seasonal elements, much of that is up and around following Thanksgiving weekend.

Then, we have the GBOTY voting happen around the end of the year, just like this year.

As for featuring purposes, we may have a split banner showing both?

The alternative that I also considered is doing away with December altogether and replacing it with a slate of 11 cars competing for GBOTY, but, I really don't like cutting the month out, for other longer range plans it'd be nice to have a car featured from each month.

Ultimately, no matter when you hold voting, or when you featured cars, you're going to have 13 to feature in a 12 month cycle.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Since the November voting has a featured car during December, then nothing is cut out. During January, that could be deemed GBOTY month. January's feature would be January/GBOTY.

Or something...

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Since the November voting has a featured car during December, then nothing is cut out. During January, that could be deemed GBOTY month. January's feature would be January/GBOTY.

Or something...
Not really sure what you're suggesting, or where you're going with the thought process, but the dates don't add up.

In November of 2024 the voting will be for the November of 2024 car. The November winner will appear throughout December atop the site. January's banner slot will need to feature the December of 2024 GBOTM, otherwise there won't be a car featured for December.

In 2023, we used to vote around the end of the month before for the next month's banner car. Sometimes the voting process bled over into the beginning of the month.

BUT, the ONLY reason the GBOTY got to headline the site for a month this time around is because we didn't vote for January's car at the beginning of JAN '24 or end of DEC '23. Had we done so, the GBOTY would've been bumped.

It was also a pretty backwards way of doing things. Normally, when an award is given for xyz of the month, it's awarded at the end of the month for efforts made during that month. Not picked the month ahead of time.

A common complaint we ran into feedback-wise from members in why there were sluggish entries was, for example, that it's hard to find patriotic themes to stage for photos in June, to vote in June, for a July patriotic theme. Or harvest themed photos for a vote in Sept, for the October harvest/Halloween theme, when leaves hadnt been changing colors yet in september and things were still green outside. So on so forth.

As of right now, the lineup appears something like this:

Jan '24 - feat Feb '24
Feb '24 - feat Mar '24
Mar '24 - feat Apr '24
April '24 - feat May '24
May '24 - feat Jun '24
June '24 - feat Jul '24
Jul '24 - feat Aug '24
Aug '24 - feat Sept '24
Sept '24 - feat Oct '24
Oct '24 - feat Nov '24
Nov '24 - feat Dec '24
Dec '24 - feat Jan '25

If, as you seem to suggest unless I'm interpreting wrong, Jan becomes 'GBOTY month' then December doesn't have a car associated with it, or, it's winner never gets to be featured on-site.

That would result in 11 winners plus a GBOTY from a field of only 11 cars, instead of 12 month, 12 winners.

Adding the GBOTY feature makes a 13th vehicle to be featured on the site. It seems to have been a fairly popular concept, but, creates a crush.

It may just be an aspirational goal that never happens, but, having a calendar featuring the 12 monthly winners, and, the GBOTY as the cover piece would be pretty cool. It would need us to maintain 12 winners a year in addition to the GBOTY, otherwise you see the same car in 2 different months.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor