Not open for further replies.

NAILS

Apprentice
Feb 26, 2009
THE ROCK, NY
pat,
a few suggestions id like to make..

A ROLLER CAM !!

pick any hydraulic flat tappet cam and a comparable hydraulic roller gives more average torque under the curve.. less stress to the lobes and lifters which ultimately provides better hp... we can go on for a while about comparisons but im just making a suggestion.

also, you can reuse roller lifters for the most part. i have been raised with the practice of matching flat tappet cams & lifters. it isnt recommended to mix/match flat tappet cams and lifters. im very confident in saying most engine builders dont recommend it.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Well my biggest concern is addressing the valve springs I have.

I looked at them and they look to be double springs, but I want to say there's a dampener inside the spring?... Here is a pic of some Isky springs that look similar. I have no idea what the lift rating is on them and I'm worried that once I add on 1.6 rockers to a fairly large camshaft, I'm gonna end up with springs binding up and destroying the valvetrain.

http://static.racingjunk.com/63/ui/0/83 ... BC-305.jpg

The summit cam has served me well thus far, but it just has too much duration and a small operating range. I'm looking at getting 400hp/430lb. I am a torque guy and could care less about making a ton of hp up top, it's the launches that I want this car to get up and go. What you guys have to factor in is once I add the 1.6 rockers which give more lift compared to the 1.5's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor